What’s the red liquid that comes out of beef steak 🥩?

77

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• If it's cooked rare (more red meat in the center that could still have blood) or raw then it's blood.

• Blood!! I think is? Might be blood and the mixes from the steak in bit off a mix

• There's no blood in butchered meat.

• It's one of those things you don't really think about twice until someone corrects you and you feel dumb. We all have those :D

• Lol I guess but at least I didn't see my arse and start swearing that is progress lmao

• It's water.

• Blood.

• I read it's a dye and not blood. wdyt?

• Some meats are treated with nitrates to give them a fresh pink color for longer. Sausages, hot-dogs, processed meats like packaged lunch meat, and ground beef are the ones most likely to contain these. Plus, when you cook nitrates they change chemical composition to nitorsimines - and nitrosimines are known to be carcinogenic. One more reason that the loss of good local butchers who look their customers in the face is a sad loss for Americans.

• I'm going vegan this question made me throw up 🤢

What Guys Said 6

• It's not blood , that's all drained out when an animal gets cleaned and prepped for the butcher to cut it up

• Its fat. People always say its blood but thats a common misconception

• Can't be blood, that's much thicker and tastes like metal, probably just molten fat or something

• It's blood as far as I know.

• Lol. Uh, blood. Duh.

• blood