How do you distinguish a product is vegetarian or non vegetarian in your place?

Like, in our country, we have these symbols printed on every product that's vegetarian and non vegetarian respectively. But, I think, it doesn't exist in other places or, it's a little different. Have you got some kind of symbols or, it's just manually reading the ingredients.How do you distinguish a product is vegetarian or non vegetarian in your place??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In UK there symbol is V and said Vegetarian free. Sometimes said quorn is meat free. I have tried vegetarian. In Sims 4 and Sims 3 they said vegetarian free. Or is tofu dog.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Where I live vegetarian products will often be advertised as such and in a cantina it'll often say what's vegetarian / vegan and what's not. Out in the open, however, it's really anyone's guess if it's not advertised as vegetarian.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Reading the ingredients but even then if you don't see egg or chicken or something like it, it might still be non-veg because where the product is manufactured it also does non-veg food and there can be cross-contamination

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, I have that in things like cheese, sugar and, some other products.

• In Italy some products are labeled for vegetarians, I usually buy those or the brands ik are vegetarian friendly, even though I'm vegetarian it's not strict for me, I just don't eat meat

2|1
    0|0
  • Just reading ingredients. Some products will voluntary mark.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never seen those signs in Belgium.

0|1
    0|0
  • We have v label

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• As Candace said in the UK everything is labelled but there is a massive difference between Vegan and Vegetarian, never assume Vegetarian is ok to give to a Vegan. Just read the label is the safest way.
    Many restaurants have a specific Vegan section on their menu and most large chains if you look on their website will tell you what is Vegan or not

0|1
    0|0
  • Same. Green for Veg and Red for Non-Veg in India too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Same here we have green and red symbols for veg and non veg respectively.

0|1
    0|0
  • Look at the label or if it's marketed specifically as vegan or vegetarian it will say it.

0|1
    0|0
  • In India, the same symbols are followed with no text inside or out of the square. Also the square will have sharp edges

0|0
    0|0
  • no meat, no eggs, no animal fat, no milk, no honey

Only if it is plant-based.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess we live in same country:3

0|1
    0|0
  • Just have to read the ingredients.

0|2
    0|0
  • What country is that?

0|0
    0|0
  • I know a tomato is veg so I buy it.

0|0
    0|1
  • I look for the dead animals in the packaging.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes