Do u have enough to eat?

I was watching a program locally about how many people don't have enough to eat in the San Francisco bay area. I started wondering how many people face this issue. California is very expensive. I don't think not having enough food is state-specific though. Whenever I see a food bin at the grocery store and at my job, I now donate food. Thanks

39

Most Helpful Guy

• San Francisco is definitely over priced. Which is why even tho I live somewhat close I try to avoid it.

In terms of the rest of the bay I think people are getting along alright.

• Ehh I don't know just want 2 do a little 2 help. It tis insane here.

• That's nice, but I think there's bigger problems in this world.

Cali isn't perfect, but I think it's fine.

• Ok thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally yes but the amount of food wastage in my country is absolutely staggering, even our supermarkets throw out tonnes of food because they don’t meet consumer expectations on appearance despite being perfectly safe and healthy to eat.
    A lot of restaraunts and supermarkets are supporting a group now called OzHarvest here, where they pick up leftover or unwanted food (not scraps, but full fresh or non-perishable foods) and distribute it to those who need it. In Sydney they’ve even set up a market where those who can’t afford food can “shop” in exchange for a donation of whatever they can afford - even if that’s nothing
    http://www.ozharvest.org/what-we-do/