What food do you despise the most?

What food do you despise the most?
I'm sure everyone has one, that dreaded one little thing that never fails to fill you with disgust and internal defeat the moment you see it mockingly lay in your plate, touching the remainder of the delicious meal you were emotionally preparing yourself for.

For me, that one little thing is onion and everything that resembles it, or as I like to call it--
"If the devil has a butthole, it tastes like this."

One of my most memorable encounters with this unfortunate accident of the cosmic creation happened in Athens, Greece.
It was during one of my first stays while I still wasn't quite familiar with the local "lingo", as they say.
I ordered a burger with fries, little did I know that what a lot of restaurants in Greece automatically associate with "burger" is really just a ground meat patty.

Initially I thought that it is a little unusual, but I proceeded to cut into one of my two burger patties anyway.
Unfortunately, the moment my eyes gazed upon the cross section of my lunch, my body got immediately covered in cold sweat.
My inconspicuous meal was really 40% chopped onions, 40% chopped scallions and 20% meat.

I rubbed my eyes for good 5 minutes, contemplating whether I experienced enough in my life that a decision to starve to death right there and then would seem somewhat reasonable.

I decided that I still have some things to live for, so over the course of an hour sitting at this restaurant I eventually managed to pick my burger apart and fish out every piece of the devil's-ass-grass contained within, all the while swearing to never order a "burger" in Greece ever again and telling myself that I'm being a completely reasonable young adult and not just a huge child.

Say no to nonions.

What thing do YOU hate to imagine putting in your mouth. (I mean, food wise)
Do you also have a comparably traumatic experience about the target of your food hatred?

194

Most Helpful Girl

• I abhor vegetables. There are a few exceptions, such as broccoli and asparagus. I'm also fine with all tubers and bulbs (onion is actually a favourite of mine, lol).
    But, I simply cannot stand the rest. Carrots, peas, lentils, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, kale... Those are all on my Yuck list. At the top of that list are lettuce and and celery. Those two are simply the worst of the worst, and I'm still cursing evolution for bringing those into our timeline.

• A woman of culture I see, who needs vegetables really.

In any case, food tastes are a fascinating thing albeit one that will always irk me because there is just no way for me to relate or assess them rationally.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate lettuce. Be more leafy like spinach dammit.