What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?

Please can you give me your advice? Usually when I am bored or when I get home from school I find myself really craving sweets and I want to have candy, pop/soda, chips, candy bars and even go out to Tim Hortans to get myself an ice cap and a couple donuts! I tried eating healthy but my mouth still continues to water until I have sweets. So what do you usually do here? Any advice? I HATE gaining weight!! What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's actually a study where rats actually preferred sugar over cocaine like its super addicting so basically treat this like an addictionπŸ˜‚
    I have the same problem but I find it helps when I buy dried fruits which are SO good like specially dried strawberries omg they're my life. Or sometimes I just eat fruits instead sometimes a cherry or two to kill the craving but ideally I want to completely stop.
    And when you do eat these sweets don't eat them super fast, take VERY small bites and savor them a lot so it will be more enjoyed and feel like more.

But really just try eating some sort of fruit instead, pineapples and all too but don't get me wrong some fruits are still super high in sugar πŸ˜‚

Or my favorite thing to do is brush my teeth and use a lot of mouthwash, that does the trick a lot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so I'll be forced not to eat because it will taste bad with the toothpaste flavor left over and it's also kinda sweet so I guess it helps.

It's an addiction believe me πŸ˜‚

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is very addictive. I try to stick to whole fruits, no juice, but i go off it. I do better with sweet things when im getting decent exercise and eating well.. like not skipping meals, eating high protien and low carbs, but some carbs. The cravings seems to be worse when im not eating regularly and pretty well. If its still hard, it maybe part of an addiction or coping mechanism... thats habbit now. Dealing with those is much more involved and needs more then overpowering will to fix. May try talking to your doctor, they can help with more things then you may know. I grew up eating whatever i wanted. I didn't learn how to eat healthy at home.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I'm used to eating healthy because that's how I grew up. With no sugar in the house. I do have a sweet tooth but I tend to handle it pretty well. And if I crave something I usually let myself have it since I don't it sugar much anyway

0|0
    0|0
    • But I'd try to look for healthier snack that might help with your cravings but still aren't too unhealthy. There's a lot of stuff out there just like I said for drinks lol

• I would eat a fruit that is sugary like an orange , oranges always help me with my crave for snacks and if you really can't handle it then have half a chocolate bar instead of the full chocolate bar you can't stop yourself immediately or it won't work eat less and less then suddenly you will stop that's what happened with me now i rarely crave them

0|0
    0|0
  • If I've already eaten too much and know I just want sugar or I'm just bored, I'll brush my teeth. It usually helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If I'm able to go the supermarket, I go there and I buy chocolate or anything else I'm craving.
    If not, I just eat fruit or I drink water.

0|0
    0|0
  • I make my Leche Flan or just warm up some store bought brownies and add a scoop of ice cream, sprinkle some walnuts and eat!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll eat it all and the hour after I just hate myself and ask what is the point of living. This cycle happens like 2-3 times a day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do a ketogenic diet. It helps. And when I get sweet craving I make fat bomb or eat like a quest protein bar instead of a chocolate bar.

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat. I have an emergancy ice cream and chocolate stash just in case I don't have any.

0|0
    0|0
  • Brush my teeth or have some honey

0|0
    0|0
  • Star burst.

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink water or eat fruits.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch my 1000 pound life and it'll make you stop

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm weak. I give in.

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat some type of fruit

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat some.

0|0
    0|0
  • peppermint tea

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, keep dates in the fridge, dried dates even better. They're sweet as candy, without all the refined sugar that causes those recurring cravings. I eat a lot of dried fruits like candy, and some whole fruits. If you can avoid everything with added sugar or high fructose corn syrup for 28 days, your cravings should all but completely subside.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really crave sweets... but I make sure I don't get said cravings by snacking on 3-4 chilled thin mints while drinking a glass of milk. XD

0|0
    0|0
  • You see I need large amounts of soup, preferably rhubarb

0|0
    0|0
  • Lately I've been making sugar free pudding when I get a craving for something sweet, and sometimes I'll have yogurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn now i want some donuts!

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat fruit

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat a protein bar

0|0
    0|0
  • With the ketogenic diet your cravings for sweets go away after a while, but once I cheat on the diet the cravings come right back.

0|0
    0|0
    • What's a ketogenic diet?

• High fat, moderate protein, low carb. (I limit myself to 20 carbs per day)

Recommended myTakes