What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?

Please can you give me your advice? Usually when I am bored or when I get home from school I find myself really craving sweets and I want to have candy, pop/soda, chips, candy bars and even go out to Tim Hortans to get myself an ice cap and a couple donuts! I tried eating healthy but my mouth still continues to water until I have sweets. So what do you usually do here? Any advice? I HATE gaining weight!! What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?What do you do when you have a sweet tooth and find yourself really craving sweets?

189

Most Helpful Girl

• There's actually a study where rats actually preferred sugar over cocaine like its super addicting so basically treat this like an addictionπŸ˜‚
    I have the same problem but I find it helps when I buy dried fruits which are SO good like specially dried strawberries omg they're my life. Or sometimes I just eat fruits instead sometimes a cherry or two to kill the craving but ideally I want to completely stop.
    And when you do eat these sweets don't eat them super fast, take VERY small bites and savor them a lot so it will be more enjoyed and feel like more.

But really just try eating some sort of fruit instead, pineapples and all too but don't get me wrong some fruits are still super high in sugar πŸ˜‚

Or my favorite thing to do is brush my teeth and use a lot of mouthwash, that does the trick a lot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so I'll be forced not to eat because it will taste bad with the toothpaste flavor left over and it's also kinda sweet so I guess it helps.

It's an addiction believe me πŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Guy

• It is very addictive. I try to stick to whole fruits, no juice, but i go off it. I do better with sweet things when im getting decent exercise and eating well.. like not skipping meals, eating high protien and low carbs, but some carbs. The cravings seems to be worse when im not eating regularly and pretty well. If its still hard, it maybe part of an addiction or coping mechanism... thats habbit now. Dealing with those is much more involved and needs more then overpowering will to fix. May try talking to your doctor, they can help with more things then you may know. I grew up eating whatever i wanted. I didn't learn how to eat healthy at home.