Dealing with people in AA: Are you always the problem?

So I work with this management team of holy rollers who have self selected as alcoholics in recovery.

The thing is, their stories of alcoholism... welll suck. One was like I drank until I was 25 and was sometimes late to work. The other is like I married a shitty dude.

But I know this company from industry experience and they are the greatest cohort of “alcoholics” I’ve ever seen.

Depression doesn't exist. You can’t be alcohol free and depressed. Depression can’t be the reason you drink. You have a prolblem and just having 3 drinks and going to a wedding is also not okay, you have a problem. Drinking at dinner? You have a problem.

I think going to quit. I have sick family I take care of. New start to the company of just over a year and they act like if I’m 15 minutes late due to caring for another I have a problem.

Self blame- I was 90 minutes late from oversleeping 3 months into my job because I was up all night caring for my parent. I fell asleep and just couldnt wake up with the alarm.

I don’t exactly brag about my responsibilities.

12