Old-school coffeemaker or Keurig?

I take coffee seriously. I keep going back and forth between the Keurig and a traditional coffeemaker. There are pros and cons to each. What’s your flavor?

• Old-school coffeemaker or Keurig??Keurig
    Vote A
  • Old-school coffeemaker or Keurig??Traditional coffeemaker
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The only good thing about Keurig/Nespresso is convenience, because in terms of freshness, cost and ecological impact (not many people actually recycle properly) those two are severely overrated.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• I love my keyring but why is the water reservoir so fucking small? I swear I just "think " about making a coffee and the keurig is all "needs more water!"

0|0
    0|0
  • generally, it costs 11 times as much to make coffee with a Keurig. Not a good deal if you drink a lot of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely drink coffee
    so a Keurig does it me when the mood strikes

however, if you're an avid coffee drinker or someone on a budget, I can see how traditional is better. It's also multi-purpose, unlike a Keurig

0|0
    0|0
  • I like perculated coffee best as I like my coffee extremely strong, not drip nor the kuerig thing.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can make it pretty strong for the Keurig there are things you can buy to put your own coffee in :)

• Can't vote. I have owned both. I loved the Keurig when I wanted a really good cup of coffee. Where I stopped loving it was the expense of the coffee pods. Its approximately $.70 per pod. Which in itself isn't that bad, but if you are a multi cup drinker (I am) It adds up.
    A traditional coffeemaker reduces that cost, but you sacrifice quality with that. Even if you are buying really good grounds.
    I do like that new machine they have out that has both the traditional and single cup brewing system. That way on days when I just want one really good cup of coffee I can make it. On the days where I know I'm going to be drinking lots o coffee, I can brew a whole pot.
    :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Keurig that way I am not forced to drink half a pot of coffee if I don't want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t like coffee but I want to try that heating it with sand thing... looks amazing!

0|0
    0|0
    • You can use it for tea's too etc they may have some in pods or just plain water and tea bag works good too :)

• French press.

0|0
    0|0
  • Traditional, always

0|0
    0|0
  • I like espresso

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Traditional coffee makers are cheaper and the coffee tastes more natural. And keurig feels like I'm cheating on real coffee. But keurig just has so many flavours!

0|0
    0|0
  • Just bought a 525 , it has a carafe if I want a pot, but most of the time I do single serve. I dont waste as much coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • Old school. Cheaper, better, less work involved. In a long term, faster.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mr. Coffee for me. Old school!

0|0
    0|0
  • French coffee press ftw.

0|0
    0|0
  • traditional. Keurig likes to get political so I don't support them anymore.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes