Why do poor people eat a lot of junk food?

I don’t understand.

I mean, eating super healthy is expensive, yeah, but buying a meal at mcdonalds is more expensive?

like, if our family of three goes to mcdonalds we order about 20-30 euros worth of food. If we eat a homecooked meal it costs anywhere between 10-20.

i don’t get it?
People saying it’s cheaper; no it’s not. Read the entire q.

1521

Most Helpful Guy

• It works differently in different countries and it's also depending on how much competition it's in the marked. In many countries junk food is actually much cheaper than healthy properly food. Fat and sugar is often cheaper than vegetables.

In my country vegetables grown in my country or in other Western countries can sometimes be a bit expensive because the farmers' payment. In some countries with the right climate to grow sugar the workers don't have as many rights and often earns lesser making it lesser expensive. There's probably other reasons too that I don't know about.

Most Helpful Girl

• McDonald's is cheap tho esp with the dollar menu. One home cooked meal for 2 people cost about from 3-10$ for the meat, around 5$ for the veg. Not to mention anything else is want to pair with it. Whereas I can get like 5 burgers for around 5 dollars and that's more than enough for one meal. So while some people make it expensive to eat out, other people do eat out because it's cheaper.

Also, I could go cheap and buy ramen noodles and eat those all the time and that's home cooked but not significantly more healthy than eating McDonald's. It's really just how you look at things.