What is your favorite condiment?

What is your favorite condiment?
Another day, another useless food related question from me.
Every time that I pass by a bakery and my little beady eyes spy a baguette, I can't help but imagine all the things I can dip it into after turning it into slices of toasted crostini.
Mmm the spicy salsa, the creamy blue cheese dip or perhaps something completely new that I will come up with by the time I get back home.

I don't like the umami sweetness of Soy or Worcestershire but I'm fine soaking everything in fish sauce.
I also like cheese dips of all kinds and rubbing/stuffing oregano up everywhere.

Is there a condiment that you always go with or do you like to pair different foods with different dips and sauces?
Do you make your own sauces or do you simply buy and squirt them out of a bottle?
  • Ketchup
    Vote A
  • Mustard
    Vote B
  • Mayo
    Vote C
  • Ranch dressing
    Vote D
  • Sriracha/Hot Sauce
    Vote E
  • BBQ Sauce
    Vote F
  • Something less boring!
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything that has some form of hot peppers, cheese, oregano, mustard seed, sesame, honey, dill, garlic, olives, or a combination thereof is on my 'yes' list. So, hell yes to cheese dips, hot sauce, (honey) mustard, pesto, and hummus.

Anything that is overly-processed (e. g., ketchup), has more sugar than sodium (e. g., ketchup), or gets its sourness from the addition of vinegar (e. g., ketchup) is on my 'nay' list.

0|1
    0|0
    • So much hate for ketchup.
      Did you ever try making a homemade alternative?

I have a love/hate relationship with ketchup because the variance in different ketchup brands is plain ridiculous. (I hate the really sour/acidic ones)
      It has gotten worse since I realized that pureed/crushed tomatoes are actually cheaper than ketchup itself.

I usually just mix crushed tomatoes with salt and oregano for a simple sauce, because I do like the tomatoey taste.
      Unfortunately those things go bad very quickly, unlike ketchup.

• Show All
    • Oh, nonsense, you're not even near the rim of the trench yet. I'll let you know if you start teetering towards the edge. (As long as you remember my love for cats and hate for veggies, you should be good, though) XD

• Hah, I will do my best.

Most Helpful Guy

• it varies depending on what im eating but sadly I feel nowadays mustard is horribly overlooked and doesn't get the credit it deserves

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Mayo. I put mayo (or mayonnaise based dressings) on everything.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've consumed a ridiculous amount of ketchup throughout my lifetime.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can put ketchup on everything

0|1
    0|0
    • Me too, but for some reason ketchup just doesn't go well with hotdogs for me.

• Mayonnaise.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guacamole

0|1
    0|0
  • Siracha but only with noodle soup

0|1
    0|0
  • Has to be hot pepper sauce.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mayonnaise.

0|1
    0|0
  • It used to be ketchup but now it's more mustard.

0|1
    0|0
  • None. I prefer avocado.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I know this is unconventional but I use semen to flavor my food. Something about its saltiness and texture makes my mouth water. It also has good amounts of protein so it's good for you too

0|1
    0|0
    • Quite unconventional.
      Do you use your own brand?

• Yes I do. Can't trust people these days! They'll put anything in your food

• Very difficult question! I mean yes, ketchup, but there are other knights of the round table. Brown sauce is great, Danish Remoulade is teriffic! Vinegar counts? Cos that helps with many things, as does lemon juice. Very tricky question though.

0|1
    0|0
  • The many kinds of mustards, goes great with meats and amazing in salad dressings.

0|1
    0|0
  • Is pesto a condiment?

0|1
    0|0
  • Bacon.

0|1
    0|0
  • BBQ Sauce, Ranch, Mustard

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes