What is your favorite condiment?

What is your favorite condiment?
Another day, another useless food related question from me.
Every time that I pass by a bakery and my little beady eyes spy a baguette, I can't help but imagine all the things I can dip it into after turning it into slices of toasted crostini.
Mmm the spicy salsa, the creamy blue cheese dip or perhaps something completely new that I will come up with by the time I get back home.

I don't like the umami sweetness of Soy or Worcestershire but I'm fine soaking everything in fish sauce.
I also like cheese dips of all kinds and rubbing/stuffing oregano up everywhere.

Is there a condiment that you always go with or do you like to pair different foods with different dips and sauces?
Do you make your own sauces or do you simply buy and squirt them out of a bottle?
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Mayo
    Vote C
  • Ranch dressing
    Vote D
  • Sriracha/Hot Sauce
    Vote E
  • BBQ Sauce
    Vote F
  • Something less boring!
    Vote G

117

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything that has some form of hot peppers, cheese, oregano, mustard seed, sesame, honey, dill, garlic, olives, or a combination thereof is on my 'yes' list. So, hell yes to cheese dips, hot sauce, (honey) mustard, pesto, and hummus.

Anything that is overly-processed (e. g., ketchup), has more sugar than sodium (e. g., ketchup), or gets its sourness from the addition of vinegar (e. g., ketchup) is on my 'nay' list.

• So much hate for ketchup.
      Did you ever try making a homemade alternative?

I have a love/hate relationship with ketchup because the variance in different ketchup brands is plain ridiculous. (I hate the really sour/acidic ones)
      It has gotten worse since I realized that pureed/crushed tomatoes are actually cheaper than ketchup itself.

I usually just mix crushed tomatoes with salt and oregano for a simple sauce, because I do like the tomatoey taste.
      Unfortunately those things go bad very quickly, unlike ketchup.

• Oh, nonsense, you're not even near the rim of the trench yet. I'll let you know if you start teetering towards the edge. (As long as you remember my love for cats and hate for veggies, you should be good, though) XD

• Hah, I will do my best.

Most Helpful Guy

• it varies depending on what im eating but sadly I feel nowadays mustard is horribly overlooked and doesn't get the credit it deserves