For ladies who are pregnant, do you really eat anything and not follow doctors orders?

Such as if you can’t have a sandwich that is included the deli meat in it. Will you still eat it? Any one has experience being pregnant and the baby is fine? I have so much cravings for all different food that is listed that I shouldn’t eat while pregnant.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• they say they are eating for two but even late into the pregnancy its recommended to only up your intake by 200 calories. this is why so many new mums struggle to lose baby weight. also its down to what you eat but people here already know my views on eating clean

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of the things you're told not to eat or drink aren't bad for you in moderation or with a little prep work. For example, some people will say not to eat deli meat... and others will day that it's ok as long as you microwave it for a few seconds first.

A lot of the advice you get makes you feel like a horrible person because it seems as if anything less than perfection on your part will cause lasting damage to your baby. :-/ Read "Expecting Better" by Emily Oster. It clears a lot of things up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• As far as sandwiches go just be imaginative, you can have roast beef, roast chicken, roast turkey, pulled pork you just need to stay away from processed, cured or smoked meats. With the four meats I mentioned there's so much you can do with them or cook fresh fish and have a fish sandwich, crab sandwich, lobster roll the list is endless.

0|0
    0|0
  • They use to say some cravings are actually linked to nutrients the baby is craving, some are being craved because you want attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gross.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I crave spicy foods and pickles, and apparently I "shouldn't eat either of those"

I'm craving the holy fuck out of a sandwich, but instead of bread, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato or condiments it just a cigarette.

0|0
    0|0
  • I followed the doctors orders on what to eat and what not to eat. A lot of what I wasn't allowed to eat I didn't eat anyway

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes