Do you eat with chopsticks?

I grew up in a chinese-japanese household. I didn't know what a fork was until kindergarten. Frankly, to this day I've used a fork maybe 4 times in my life.Do you eat with chopsticks??
  • All the time
    Vote A
  • I use the chopsticks that came with my takeout
    Vote B
  • Only for a certain dish (rice, sushi, etc.)
    Vote C
  • Rarely ever
    Vote D
  • Fork 4 life 🍴
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When at restaurant when they serve Asian food. Well Chinese, Korean or Japanese food and some more south Asian kind of food. Only then do I use chopsticks coz they give us free chopsticks to eat with so... Although I know there's different kinds of chopsticks.. Well just like the length of them depends on what culture the restaurant is.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've noticed that too. Chinese restaurants usually have coarse chopsticks, I guess because the food is a lot more oily and saucy, whereas Japanese restaurants usually have smooth ones.

Never had Korean food, so I wouldn't know, but I've had some Vietnamese dim sum which was great and the restaurant had the little square break-apart chopsticks.

• Our "Chinese place" serve all kind of different Asian food everything from thai to Japanese. We don't have Chinese restaurants here they usually serve everything tho ee got one Thai only food restaurant somewhere which was pretty bad in my opinion. But the restaurant we go to also serve Sushi and all kind nice food :3

• I was raised in Chinatown, so there was a wide selection of yellow people food dispensaries. My grandparents only ate at "authentic" Mandarin places. My dad always took us to a local hibachi place because he knew the manager.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I've always wanted to learn how to use chopsticks while having sushi, but it's just too tough! So I end up stabbing the sushi with one stick and eat it that way...😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Only 4 times? Do you only go to Asian restaurants?

What about lunch at school?

2|0
    0|0
    • Pretty much only ate at Asian restaurants throughout my childhood, or places without the need for utensils (burgers and shit). I ate at an Italian restaurant with a guy friend, 2 friends' houses who were not Asian and didn't have chopsticks, ate a salad with a fork a few months ago. That's all that comes to mind.

I never ate school lunch because by the time I was in school my dad made "too much money" to get free lunch. Just brought lunch to school.

Also, we had an endless supply of these grabby bois: image.dhgate.com/.../...Qm2ATNlQABuxEno7CJw426.jpg

• Show All
    • The thought of buffets are gross to me. "Communal food"

• I don't know I think you're missing out

• Only for certain meals, if it’s communal Chinese meal yeah. If it’s on a plate a fork spoon is so much better than chopsticks.

2|0
    0|0
  • I only use chopsticks when I'm eating Asian food. But I do enjoy using them. Eating Chinese with a fork just feels wrong lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Only when I eat chinese food or japanese food.
    Hmmm so good

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever it seems suitable, like with rice dishes or Asisn restaurants.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only when it's wok or sushi.

1|0
    0|0
  • Chopsticks for life

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm Asian as well, so kinda standard in my house.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've only used them when I've been abroad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never used chopsticks. But I would love to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only when at Asian restaurants lol

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• I only really use them if I’m at an Asian restaurant or if we make Chinese at home. Otherwise I don’t use them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can, but usually I don’t. Not even with sushi. I eat sushi finger food- no utensils necessay.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I'm at an Asian restaurant I'll use chopsticks

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm eating any Chinese or Thai food yes. If it doesn't come with chopsticks I'll ask for some

1|0
    0|0
  • Only with certain foods. Ramen, rice, shredded chicken and rice

1|0
    0|0
  • I eat Asian takeout with chopsticks, otherwise I stick to western cutlery.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually when I eat dinner with my grandparents.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never have.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, never.

1|0
    0|0
  • i find them annoying sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes.