People who love to cook, question?

Do you hate when people intervene in cooking with you and then do things you don't usually do.. like throw in pepper or tell you how to do things like "don't put too much salt cause there's already salt in the meat.." etc.. I get annoyed and in my mind I feel like telling to get away and I don't need help anymore lol.

• Yes it's so annoying
  • No I don't care. I like seeing the way they cook.

1426

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. If i'm making the recipe, i'm making the decisions lol. If you'd like to make your own version of it sometime, that's fine. At least try it the way I make it before modifying it ffs.

I don't do that shit for the most part. If someone else is cooking i'll ask if they need like any ingredients prepped or whatever, stuff like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like cooking, I love experimenting new things. I used to get annoyed by those things but then I realized I was been egoistic, closed minded and not willing to embrace change or the contributions of other, and I always avoided inviting someone to cook with me for that reason and I’d do those things you mentioned.

One day I invited my brother to cook with me and when he was helping me he kept SUGGESTING what I should do. We continued talking and exchanging ideas, it turned out that it’s the best meal I’ve ever had and cooked. And since then, i discovered how much we like to cook together.