People who love to cook, question?

Do you hate when people intervene in cooking with you and then do things you don't usually do.. like throw in pepper or tell you how to do things like "don't put too much salt cause there's already salt in the meat.." etc.. I get annoyed and in my mind I feel like telling to get away and I don't need help anymore lol.

• Yes it's so annoying
    Vote A
  • No I don't care. I like seeing the way they cook.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. If i'm making the recipe, i'm making the decisions lol. If you'd like to make your own version of it sometime, that's fine. At least try it the way I make it before modifying it ffs.

I don't do that shit for the most part. If someone else is cooking i'll ask if they need like any ingredients prepped or whatever, stuff like that.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I like cooking, I love experimenting new things. I used to get annoyed by those things but then I realized I was been egoistic, closed minded and not willing to embrace change or the contributions of other, and I always avoided inviting someone to cook with me for that reason and I’d do those things you mentioned.

One day I invited my brother to cook with me and when he was helping me he kept SUGGESTING what I should do. We continued talking and exchanging ideas, it turned out that it’s the best meal I’ve ever had and cooked. And since then, i discovered how much we like to cook together.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Yes, very annoying. Especially if I really know what I'm doing. If I want help with cooking I make it clear with the other person we can do it together. If I get concerned they will back seat cook, I'll tell them 'I got this', please go sit down.
    Who tries to cook over your shoulder?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a chef and I like to cook with other people even if they try to correct me. (and obviously because of my profession, they are almost always wrong, lol). I like communication and openness. Try to make compromises and try to have equal input if you have similar amounts of expirience/talent.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t like it if they’re just getting underfoot or trying to take over the process when I’m doing it, but if you’re cooking with someone for fun then it’s part of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone walks up when I'm in the middle of cooking a meal and tosses in some random ingredient i would definitely get seriously annoyed. But i would also not feel bad about telling them to fuck off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love cooking. I love experimenting with random seasonings and dishes. Just pretend it's Hell's Kitchen and start swearing with an English accent if people mess with your cooking. 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I like cooking not love but like okay and i never get annoy from that thing cuz maybe you find new taste from that person and you can learn from that new taste what need to add and not to add. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • If it happens ALL the time, I'll stop cooking for/with them. But I certainly don't mind a bit of input

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope! I am a chef and i do like see others do their thing and communicating is good too not annoying

1|0
    0|0
  • What I do is give them a job that will keep them busy for a good length of time. That way they stay happy (somewhat anyway) and out of my way!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea I can't stand that I will say when you make a meal then you can do what u want so stay off of mine and if you don't like it don't eat it

1|0
    0|0
  • Its my food and not yours if I cook it and it taste like rubbish then next time I will listen to you but please don't blah blah blah for now

1|0
    0|0
  • It is annoying unless they actually want to help instead of hovering over me and what I'm cooking

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's like having a backseat driver. Annoying as fuck.

1|0
    0|0
  • My space. If I don't ask for help, don't intervene.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like see how people cook things but certain dishes are not to be messed with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah for sure. If i’m cooking, stay the hell out of the kitchen

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's so annoying when someone intervenes when I'm cooking.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fucking annoying , but if this happens my inner Gordon Ramsay gets out lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate that shit. Gtfo until it's done or you get fucking ramen with cold water you sob.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's really annoying me
    Actually I don't want anyone in kitchen when I'm cooking

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I can barely cook

1|0
    0|0
  • It's bothersome

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, my mom always yells at me for interfering.

1|0
    0|0
  • l love to cock dinner for a girl she loves it

1|0
    0|0
  • I would only be ok with it if they were also feasting on the dish. Other wise FUCK YOU ITS MY FOOD!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Yes lol

When i’m cooking no one is allowed to be in the kitchen

1|1
    0|0
  • If I'm making a meal, then me do it MY way. We learn how to cook through experience, and someone butting in and changing things is just a nuisance. Just because one person does things a certain way, doesn't mean i should do the same. My house, my meal, my way. You don't like it, go eat at your place. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeesss omg. When im cooking then everyone. has to. get the fuck out of. my. kitchen. its myyyy kitchen!@!@ they. always go. tell. me. what i do. wrong. and. always. judging. when. i. know that im. doing it. rightt and they always stand. in. the way super. annoying grrrr

1|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely hate it when people jump in and try to tell me what to do but what I hate even more is when they just hover and watch 😤 it makes me so irritated and anxious!

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate it. That's why I only cook when I'm alone or won't be disturbed. No one should be in the kitchen except me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's incredibly annoying. I'm following the recipe shut up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to be in a groove, and if someone interferes it can be slightly annoying. I might forget what I was doing, or something and it throws me off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's pretty annoying. I'm the type of gal who will follow the recipe to a T most of the time, with the exception of recipes I've tried before and I know how to change them to make them better. My boyfriend is the kind who often wings it, which can be a hit or miss. I was making a tomato soup with him once, and it was the first time we tried out a specific recipe. He wanted to do EVERYTHING differently, even things that made perfect sense in the recipe, and the whole time I had to stop him from putting extra ingredients or preparing them in the wrong way. Like no offense boyfriend, but I trust Jamie Oliver more than I trust you in the kitchen. Sure, we were cooking *together* but he made the process way more difficult than it had to be.
    It would probably be even more annoying if I was cooking by myself and he just barged in and started changing things. Ugh.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean, if they want to cook their dish.. then they can go cook their separate dish. I remember my grandma asked me to cook a couple of her dishes for a family brunch and one of my aunts came over and started throwing seasonings in the almost finished dish. She claimed that I forgot some seasonings (she really just hadn't seen me add them already). then later on when I tried it the seasoning was overdone. Tell me why she kept telling people "*insert my name* prepared the dish for us."? I was sure to mention her contribution to everyone she told.
    The dish still tasted alright, it was just a bit too salty with too much thyme.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always hate it when people tell me what to do, not just in cooking.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I ask for help or their opinion ok. Otherwise don't give unwanted advice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate when other people just come to the kitchen when i'm cooking lol. I think it has to do with the size of our kitchen though.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I’m cooking then yes I want them to just go sit down and let me make my masterpiece, but if I’m cooking with someone then no because we usually make something new to experiment with food

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes