If you find a hair in your meal that someone else has cooked for you, do you mention it or discretely dispose and pretend it didn’t happen?

And not a restaraunt, just a friend, family member or partner cooking for you

If you find a hair in your meal that someone else has cooked for you, do you mention it or discretely dispose and pretend it didn’t happen?
  • Tell them and not eat anymore
    Vote A
  • Tell them and remove it, but continue eating
    Vote B
  • Don’t tell them but remove it and continue eating
    Vote C
  • Don’t tell them and just swallow it
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Remove, and not mention it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• At a restaurant, I would send the dish back. But in someone's home, I will remove it discretely and either just continue the meal as normal or, if I'm more squeamish than usual for some reason, make up a polite excuse for why I stopped eating. In accidental hair could happen to anyone and I don't want to embarrass my host.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Depends if it’s cooked food or cold food. Cooked food, I would eat around it. Cold food at a restaurant: I’d probably lose my appetite. This is the privilege of not being starving hungry.

I would not tell the cook whether it’s friend/stranger.

Animal hair is another story. If your pet hairs are in my food I’m bitching you out

2|0
    0|0
  • First of all, I'll check whether it's mine hair or not because I shed a lot of hair. Not only from my head but from my arms too. It happens a lot of times, unfortunately.

If it's someone else's hair, that depends.
    That depends upon the person and the location. If I'm at a cheap restaurant, I'd just discretely dispose and pretend it didn’t happen because they don't care and such things are expected and totally normal from such places. I'd just be whining if I objected. But if it's an expensive restaurant, then I'd get my meal replaced. I expect perfection if I'm blindly throwing my money.

If it's made my friends, I'd gently tell them. Then they'll say sorry and continue. We're cool with each other.

If it's my mom, it just depends upon my mood. Sometimes I tell her, sometimes I don't because we both know that she can't really help with it. She has the same problem as me. It happens rarely tho like once in a few months. Sometimes she take it easily, sometimes she feels guilt.

If it's made by my SO, then I'd joke like "that's not the part of your body I'd like to eat".

If I'm cooking for others, I'd like to hear criticism. Helps me getting better :)

1|0
    0|1
    • *I'll check whether the hair is mine or not*
      If it's made by* my friends
      Sometimes she takes* it

Arrgh so many mistakes 😫

• If I trust someone enough to eat something they've cooked, I know they aren't trashy people who don't take care of themselves. So if I find a hair, i don't freak out over it. Chances are it was practically sterilized in the cooking process anyway, so pluck it out discreetly and continue eating. I've had my own hair get in my own food a few times. Home is different from a restaurant.

1|0
    0|0
  • who cares, its just a hair. I live with two cats. Hairs are everywhere. You just cleaned the whole appartment and one cat walks by - hairs everywhere. I prefer not to know how much fur I have already eaten. And human hair isn't any different. i would remove it and enjoy the rest

1|0
    0|0
  • I would dispose of it discreetly.
    But... scream internally in anguish because of my germophobia.

Although, if they are someone close to me, I would tease them inquiring about what their motivations are for including their hair in my food.

3|0
    0|0
  • if it was my girlfriend or direct family I would just pull it out and keep eating but at a restaurant I would complain.

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably C, an accident is an accident and the people invited me so it would be rude to blame them.
    They could, of course, remark it... in that case I'd probably make a careful joke about it :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I would remove it and not tell them, I know they didn’t intend for it to happen so I can’t hold them for that

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually go nuts when I find it in my soup and I do mention it but not in a hurtful way of course , I don't know why but finding hair in my food is like finding poison or something .

0|0
    0|0
    • Why so crazy about it?

• Show All
    • So much wasted soup 😛

• I know right, it's too depressing, why does it have to be me every time, what have I done, why 😫

• I'll discretely dispose of it and not say a word. That would be awkward to mention because you know your friend/family didn't do it on purpose.

1|0
    0|0
  • i won't tell them because it can happen even if i cook myself so i try to get rid of that without letting them know

1|0
    0|0
  • Option B. You tell them so they hopefully don’t do it again in the future.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell them if they are close to me and remove it, but continue eating

1|0
    0|0
  • If it was a friend I wouldn’t tell her, I’ll tell her it is ok, no worries. i am not angry.😊

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd just remove it and carry on eating.

Simples...

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell them and demand a refund! Who's to say that you may have already consumed a hair? - jman46241

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop inviting me to answer these dumb questions.

2|1
    2|0
    • I haven’t invited you to anything, unfollow me and you won't get notified of my activity. Problem solved

• I will remove it , then I will try to leave the meal

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d prob just bite my tongue about it

1|0
    0|0
  • Just dispose of it, they didn't do it on purpose

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll swallow it. Would 100% do it again !

0|0
    1|0
  • Makes me wanna puke. I had it happen twice.

1|0
    0|0
  • ignore it and keep eating

1|0
    0|0
  • Dispose of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Remove it and eat

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell them and remove it, but continue eating

0|0
    0|0
  • Just remove it and continue

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• I’d personally just have to remove it without saying something as I’d feel rude to point something like that out.. I just couldn’t do it lol if they had made me something unless we were super close and I knew they wouldn’t find it rude or take it to heart then I’d just do that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Remove it, continue, though that's the same as I'd do in a restaurant. I'd prefer not to have hair in my food but I don't really care that much if I do get it, accidents happen, I won't make a big fuss

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends if. It's a restaurant or a family member or friend. I tend to try to avoid conflict as much as possible though so I probably wouldn't say anything and probably eat something else

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't say anything at all and remove it quietly. Like first off they prepared a delicious meal for you and you've got guts to complain?

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol i would remove it and mention it &stop eating... if it's a restaurant only and there's a lot of hair... it's happened before.
    But if it's family or friends I'd just remove it, be quiet and continue eating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Happens a lot with my mom I just ignore it because its my mom hair I think,,,,,,,,,,,, but if it was someone I don't know I just throw it away and just walk out. If one hair got in even if I ask for new food it probably get in my food again so nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think being quiet about and just keep on eating is the best choice

1|0
    0|0
  • i would take it out but i would probably eat the rest unless the hair was really giant or weird or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell them, spit out the hair and quit eating it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would secretly just toss it away and say I'm not hungry anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Me, I’d likely not say anything and not eat it

1|0
    1|0
  • I leave and give a bad rating

0|0
    0|0
  • If either tell them and continue eating - someone I know well.
    Or
    Don't tell them and stop eating - someone I don't know very well (unless I'm like o king to impress).

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes