Ways to cook apple or kiwi?

My boyfriend has OAS. He loves these fruits but is severely allergic to them uncooked. I’d love ideas so he could eat them again!

OAS (oral allergy syndrome) is related to pollen allergies. He’s allergic to birch pollen which means he’s allergic to that entire list save peppers and almonds. Kiwi and apples are his favorite fruits but they make his mouth the most itchy and swollen. If I cook them, the proteins that do this are degraded by the heat. I just need some ideas for cooking these fruits. Nutritional value doesn’t matter, I just want him to be able to taste them again. Ways to cook apple or kiwi?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• This is what I would do.
    Step 1. Put it down.
    Step 2. Order a pizza
    lol sorry, I don't know how to prepare that stuff.
    Maybe look on YouTube. There are lots of instructional videos on there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sauces with your apples. I don't mean apple sauce I mean apple glaze on pork and things like that. Poach your apples. Dehydrate them and make snacks.