Thoughts on Hot Cross Buns being available all year long. Obvious demand, for they are YUMMY, but, kills a traditional Easter treat?

66

Most Helpful Girl

• Hot cross buns are not sold in Finland and I just recently learned what they are, but if some seasonal treats would be available all year round here, I would probably still just buy them on the occasion or stop buying them completely.

• They have that chocolate treat in Scandinavia. similar to French Truffles. I got hooked on it in Sweden. I do not know if similar is in Finland

Most Helpful Guy

• They're already available for something like half the year anyway as shops are getting stuff in earlier and earlier. An advantage of a limited season is you can pick up loads on the cheap after Easter.

• just tacky, to me

• quite often tacky things speak to people in ways more sophisticated items don't. Also limited timeframe means they are valued more when available due to scarcity at other times.