Thoughts on Hot Cross Buns being available all year long. Obvious demand, for they are YUMMY, but, kills a traditional Easter treat?

Thoughts on Hot Cross Buns being available all year long. Obvious demand, for they are YUMMY, but, kills a traditional Easter treat?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hot cross buns are not sold in Finland and I just recently learned what they are, but if some seasonal treats would be available all year round here, I would probably still just buy them on the occasion or stop buying them completely.

0|1
    0|0
    • They have that chocolate treat in Scandinavia. similar to French Truffles. I got hooked on it in Sweden. I do not know if similar is in Finland

Most Helpful Guy

• They're already available for something like half the year anyway as shops are getting stuff in earlier and earlier. An advantage of a limited season is you can pick up loads on the cheap after Easter.

0|1
    0|0
    • just tacky, to me

• quite often tacky things speak to people in ways more sophisticated items don't. Also limited timeframe means they are valued more when available due to scarcity at other times.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• are you kidding these are too yummy to be only available straight after Christmas through to April πŸ˜†.

0|2
    0|0
  • I only know the song. I've never actually seen a hot cross bun in person.

0|1
    0|0
    • i am unaware of the song

• Hot cross buns, hot cross buns, one a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns. That's the song

• That is the one about the buns. How odd. I ate some when I was in Canada. At least when in Fort McMurray watching the Lights and drinking Screech with a Newfie tour guide

• I thought it was only a song

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't wait for them buns to come out again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this in the us? never heard if it

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Agreed - keep them seasonal.

Same with parkin etc

0|1
    0|0
  • Always thought there was something wrong about eatin a cross. Vaguely disrespectful.

0|1
    0|1
  • i thought you meant the song T_T

1|1
    0|0
  • You know you could just make em right?

0|1
    0|0
  • Should be seasonal

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes