What's the point of being a vegan/vegetarian?

I'm just saying, you could just buy organic/free range and grass fed meat. That's what I do. Then you're supporting companies who treat their animals well. It's better than not supporting anything. What are your reasons for being vegetarian/vegan? And what would your reasons be if you were to become one?
Some people are saying things to me like "you must not care about animals" and because of that, I have to share with you this. I have 2 dogs and a rabbit. I plan on saving homeless dogs and stopping poachers of elephants and tigers when I'm older. I work at a dog shelter. Don't come at me in my messages saying I'm a "heartless bastard" lol.

1713

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not that... for me it’s a texture and flavor thing... a lot of meats feel weird in my mouth or have a taste that isn’t pleasant...