Why do people not like seafood?

I know someone who doesn't like seafood because she hasn't had much of it. I know seafood is commonly found raw, which can cause foodborne illness. But they still don't like it cooked. Why would that be? Cooked food doesn't cause foodborne illness.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess they're just not used to it. I don't eat fish every chance I get, often even when offered but I do eat it on occasion.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• They don't like the smell or the taste I guess... don't forget many people have food allergies on sea food

0|1
    0|0
  • I just don't like the taste or the mouth feel of most sea foods, but I do have exceptions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because most sea critters are like the cockroaches of the ocean. If made right they're buttery goodness though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dislike seafood because of the fishy taste along with the smell. Generally if something smells bad to a person, it tastes bad too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure why some people don't like seafood, it's delicious! But my best guess could be that they find the smell or maybe texture to be revolting.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it. It smells gross and is often slimy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seafood are life ­čśŹ

1|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like clinical paranoia tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, I love seafood

0|1
    0|0
  • The smell and texture

0|1
    0|0
  • I like caviar

0|1
    0|0
  • smell

0|1
    0|0
  • i like cooked seafood and only raw sushi

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate seafood with a burning passion, it tastes disgusting to me.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• You ever seen a live shrimp? They are like sea roaches

0|1
    0|0
    • Is it weird that even though i grew up seeing cockroaches regularly as well being disgusted by them shrimp do not appear the same to me.

• Show All
    • Ew disgusting why are you consuming cow discharge lol.

It's all perception.

It's all just life. Subject everything. Stick to the root. We weren't discussing the make up of these things. Off topic.

• For the same reason why you sucked on your moms boobies while being breastfed

• I dunno - same reason some people don't like brussel sprouts, I guess. Personal preference thing.

I personally lurve seafood. It goes in my mouth.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, but they're missing out. More for us, can't be bad. I had a lovely King Prawn Linguini for my dinner. It was gorgeous.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate seafood. Tastes like shit... And I'm Swedish... We're supposed to like our surstr├Âmming but it tastes like shit to be honest.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally just don't like the smell, taste, and texture associated with fish.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because people have opinions of what they like the taste of and what they don't

0|1
    0|0
  • My bro is allergic so that's one reason.

1|1
    0|0
    • What if they're not allergic?

• Most its simply the smell. They also possibly put up mental blocks from knowing we digest and pollute the water.

• Fried fish tastes the best

0|1
    0|0
  • Because tastes are different?

0|1
    0|0
  • A lot of people throw up from it I guess.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is something you have to learn to like

0|1
    0|0
  • I like seafood

0|1
    0|0
  • tastes bad

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes