I think making homemade cupcakes is ok. Why am I receiving hate looks from a few other mom's? Are they jealous?

* The cupcakes are really good*
I make cupcakes and goody bags for every school party held at my child's preschool.
I'm clean, I bathe regularly, I bake everything from scratch and they're always fluffy and moist.
All the kids love them and always ask me to make cupcakes.
A few of the mom's keep giving me evil looks and I've no clue why. I'm thinking they're just jealous or they're not able to bake for every school party.
Your thoughts?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• cook some cupcakes for them but put the middle finger in frosting on them. they will appreciate the nice gesture. :D

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha or spit in the mom's cupcakes lol jk I wouldn't really do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're pissed that you're giving their kids sugary food that they wouldn't give their kids themselves, but they can't force their kids to not eat it when every other kid is. And yes, they're too strict and dramatic. School parties don't happen every day.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• My best guess is you're absolutely right. There has to be some kind of jealousy there. I can't think of any other reason for the evil looks, besides the fact that there's usually a lot of snobbery within the circle of parents involved in school activities. Its high school all over again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm that's a tough one. I know some parents that get pissy about people bringing homemade goods to school... Don't ask me why... The jealousy thing is always a possibility.

Honestly if they do it again I would just ask them. That is super petty behavior from an adult.

1|0
    0|0
  • a lot of women can't cook properly now even with cookbooks, hell i know more men than women who can cook proper meals... theyre just jealous, keep doing your thing!

1|1
    0|0
  • If theyre homemade, yes they're jealous

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Well.. They are probably thinking that they are jealous but some do give u hateful looks because they might want to do it but they might not had enough money... Or it could be because of kids allergies... Or etc

1|0
    0|0
  • They probably don’t like their kids getting sugar. Some moms are whacky overboard with their kids food intake. Just roll with it and enjoy knowing you are low key pissing them off.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should not care about what other people think. And just do what makes you happy. Believe in ur cupcakes and urself. Keep making cupcakes

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause there jealous and they hate themselves they anti happy unless there making others miserable!

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe their glaring for something other than the cupcakes

1|0
    0|0
  • They must think you're trying too hard. Don't mind them, they're just jealous. 😋

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol, jealousy.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes