Have you even been a vegetarian? Or tried it?

I was a vegetarian for one year. Saw this documentary my people being evil to animals in are food Industries and all this crazy cannibals sh*t on youtube... Scared the freak out me. I had dreams of torture animals and cannibals eating meat... just thinking about it makes me want to go back to a vegetarian lol

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I often think about it as I don’t eat much meat. But I guess I’ve never seriously considered it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was a vegetarian (plus fish, couldn't give up fish) for 2 years. It stemmed from a documentary on elephants and just how people take animals for granted. Oh and I wanted to keep getting action from my PETA loving girlfriend of the time.

The first time I had bacon after that whole ordeal was almost orgasmic and I'll never go back. I got a lot from that time though, like a deep respect for animals. And now I raise (or hunt), kill and butcher a lot of my own meat. But it's with a lot of respect. I've taken the mindset from the native americans and acknowledging that my prey has made a great sacrifice to feed me and my family. I don't let much go to waste and try to really appreciate that sacrifice they didn't choose to make. I raise my animals with respect and treat them well so that though their deaths are immanent to feed my family, their lives may be well lived.

When I do buy meat I try to avoid big corporations that treat both their animals and farmers like shit.

In my life I try to avoid swinging pendulums. Meaning just because the way animals are treated in horrendous factory farms doesn't mean I need to swing to the opposite end and be a vegetarian. It means I need to respect living creatures and honor them in death. This is all because I want to make a conscious effort to live my life in the middle. Balance

0|0
    0|0
    • Bro u dont expect me to read all of that right... please keep it short.. my tension span is wayy off

• Holy Fucking Shit. You make me sad. It's 255 words... But yeah, gotta be careful with that tension...

• Okay okay im read it...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• I was for four years then I got pregnant and had to start eating meat because I was so underweight. I hardly eat it now but do on occasion to try to keep some weight on me. It’s terrible what they do to animals though

0|0
    0|0
  • I was vegetarian for a while becuase I lost the taste for all meats except chicken and seafood. So I cut the vegetarian crap and just quit eating red meats, I only eat chicken and seafood still.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been vegetarian for four years and still going. For health reasons and personal reasons.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yep. I was one for two years. It was easy because I never was a fan of meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I sort of am now. My last period came and changed my eating habits. I say sort of am because I eat eggs for breakfast still, but no meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was vegetarian for like 7 years but stopped because I was tired of it. Frankly cows are too delicious

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it for almost a year. Not for me, I like my dead animals too much.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am vegetarian, I want to go vegan but that's hardcore lol

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but my bro is right now a vegetarian. He says he poops better, and feels better in general. He's been one for 3 months now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried it, it made no difference to me. It is what it is... ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I tried it for almost a year and it was good but you really need good money to buy good protein

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not vegetarian. I do eat vegetarian food quite often mostly because beans and lentils are cheaper and healthier than meats.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to be a one for like a month i couldn't even stay to the end i think its hard to me,,,

0|0
    0|0
  • I never have been and I have no interest in becomming one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I never tried committing suicide.

0|0
    0|0
  • For 15 years now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have tried it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian I've been one for 2 years

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been one for about 24 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 14

• i intentionally have vegetarian meals for health purposes but i have never tried to go full on vegetarian

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm carnivorous and I personally haven't find too many vegetables I can stand the taste of.
    One thing to bear in mind, all the vegetables eaten were once considered weeds. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and I'm still a vegetarian, it's no problem for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. i have no problem with vegetarians tho. i do however have a problem with vegans because they are always all up in your face about it

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I have not, but I've thought about becoming vegan

0|0
    0|0
  • Been vegan for almost 4 years. I was perplexed by vegetarians as I didn't understand it - all my favourite meals had to have meat in them. I looked at things from the animals position and then looked at the health side of things and it was the logical choice. Blood test recently and everything was in the healthy range; vitamin b12, vitamin d, calcium and iron which some vegans struggle with. I love food and I'm making a cake for this girl I've been seeing for a while who happens to be an omnivorous. Basically you don't need animal products to live a healthy, happy life

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't afford that lifestyle 😂😂 but I am eating way less meat

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, for 12 years now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never been a Megan, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it for a day.