I cannot cook at all how can I learn?

I've tried cooking and so far I've started 3 fires on the stove, almost started like 5 more, exploded chocolate in the microwave, and half the time everyone refuses to eat what I've cooked because it tasted like puke.

Cooking is kinda a basic skill and I kinda need it to like not starve so help?

311

Most Helpful Guy

• There's this crazy thing called YouTube and Google. You type in "how to cook" followed by what you'd like to learn and boom, a video or recipe magically appears. Crazy, I know.

• Yea well I have and tried to follow recipes and what happened was said above

• I DID AND I STARTED A FIREEE

• Then you're a hopeless individual who needs their hand held. Get an a parent or relative who knows how to cook to walk you through something easy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mate. How do you keep starting fires? Do you like keep flammable objects on the bare stove top? Also if you’re starting fires by leaving food on the pan for too long then heat might be too high or something. Different foods need different temps. Why chocolate in the microwave? If you need to melt chocolate put a bowl and put it in or over a pot of boiling water (don’t get any of the water in if you can) and just wait patiently. Also it’s not a good idea to prepare ingredients while putting everything in a pan or pot (assuming you’re already cooking everything together) cause it’s called preparations for a reason. Also S E A S O N I N G! Salt and pepper are basic seasoning products but will not always be used cause different foods. That’s all I got.