Any food/diet suggestions for acne prone skin?

I’m just wondering as I am 14 and I have moderate acne 😊

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be harsh when washing or wiping face.
    Avoid eating to much sweets (chocolate)
    Go to a dermatologist there are thing that might help be sure first he knows your skin type and gives you solution for your skin type, also this might be an alergic reaction to something check it out.
    Good luck

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, hell yeah. I️ used to have the most disgusting whiteheads popping up everywhere on my T-zone before I quit drinking sugary drinks and cut down on sugar as a whole before homecoming and I️ went to hoco that night with a smile on my face and perfect skin. As for blackheads, my mother insists I squeeze them because all the strips, masks, and scrubs I️’ve used don’t get rid of them. I’m sure there’s other things you could cut out of your diet, but that’s what worked for me. Lastly, wash your face every OTHER day and stay out of the sun. The sun dries out your skin, which makes your skin rush to make it all oily again, which causes acne ); !! Lmk if you need more specific tips.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• The more natural and unprocessed the food, the better. Stay away from sugars and carbs, fast foods, canned foods, and things like candies and chips. Stick with fruits, nuts, meats, veggies, and carbs like rice and oats (when you do eat carbs). Yogurt is also good. Make sure you moisturize your skin and try not to use too much makeup. Especially foundation.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just eat fresh food, follow your food pyramid, and wash your face in the morning and at night, but not with anything too harsh. Moderate acne is an unfortunate reality at that age, everyone else had it, too! Except those lucky kids who didn't... Ignore them, that's just luck and genetics. And unless your acne goes from moderate to very severe, don't go on any prescription acne medication.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it usually helps to have a diet that consists of water eating more omega-3 fatty acids, such as those found in fatty fish, walnuts, flaxseed. Also dark leaf greens help a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • Just hormones. It'll pass. Though just eat healthy! #staystrong

2|2
    0|0
  • Low grease and sugar intake.

Don't worry about it too much. Looks create infatuation while personality grows love.

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink lots of water and wash your face everyday, consistently.

1|0
    0|0
  • Healthy diet, stay away from greasy and oily foods, drink lots of water

1|1
    0|0
  • You'd have to consult a professional these guys don't know jack including me

1|0
    0|0
  • Wash your face, I know that's not a diet but it works, or at least helps

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay away from sugar, that's the biggest culprit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink a special tea. It’s name is

1|0
    0|0
  • Lay off the bread.

1|0
    0|0
  • drink lots of water

1|0
    0|0
  • Just ease up on eating oily food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Chocolate and oily foods

1|0
    0|0
  • Stop eating everything that has to much fat

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink water.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't eat oily food

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink 9 litres of water daily

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink a lot of water or green tea

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Dear young fellow,
    I'd suggest that you see a dermatologist. There is a treatment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Daily showers, don’t use makeup, water and exercise.
    Doesn’t always work tho. My brother had to go on pills to help clear it up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Avocados work wonders.

1|0
    0|0
  • drink a lot of water

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes