What's an ingredient you add for "extra-ness" in your food?

For example when I make pancakes I add fruits and cinnamon powder, the tiniest pinch of salt - along with the juice from cherries without cherries inside. Rather than plain original pancakes. What's an ingredient you add for "extra-ness" in your food?

520

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate cherry and most fruit everything, so I don't think your take on pancakes is quite for me Haha! I add ground mustard seed/ mustard condiment to any spicy dish. There is something about the zesty flavor of mustard that gives Indian/latin/african/Arab food an incredible body.

• That sounds cool! And don't worry I don't leave "chunks" of fruit to bite in, I make it into a mixture so it's like the same texture as the pancake batter - so it's more of a flavor than actually eating the fruit knowingly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Paprika is a go to for me in my eggs and in cottage cheese.