Do you follow any dietary restrictions (religious, health, moral, economic, or otherwise) ?

Some people are vegan or vegetarian because they find killing and eating animals to be unethical. Some specifically find it unethical for religious reasons.

Many people follow religions that have specific prohibitions against specific good items for various reasons, like Jewish Kosher and Islamic Halal dietary restrictions. Those two have similarities, and some differences. For example, consumption of pork is prohibited in both.

Others follow dietary restrictions for health reasons, like having allergies, intolerances, or certain generic genetic conditions.

Personally, I follow Islamic dietary restrictions: no pork, no alcohol, no narcotics or psychotropic drugs (unless medically necessary), no blood (transfusions are OK, but I wouldn't even suck the blood out of a small cut), no carnivores, no raptors, nothing that wasn't hunted our slaughtered in a specific way, no tobacco, no marijuana, no recreational usage of any drugs (legal or otherwise).

I also follow certain dietary restrictions for health reasons: Severely limited refined sugars (I will enjoy having kosher or halal gummy bears very rarely), low fat diet, avoidance of dairy unless lactose-free or with a lactase supplement. I generally avoid stimulants like caffeine (except for albuterol and psuedoephedrine for asthma and allergies) because I have a very low tolerance for them. I also about sticky candy and soda, or sucking on a lemon for a prolonged time (even though I like some of my good really sour) in order to protect my teeth from cavities and acid erosion.

That's all I can remember.

Do you follow any dietary restrictions?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I shouldn't eat gluten nor kazein (in most dairy). Purely because my body creates A LOT of antibodies to these ingredients in foods (meaning I'm intolerant).
    I have some other restrictions, but these are the most important ones to stick to.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I eat vegan, because that's what's healthier to humans.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I was pescatarian but just to loose weight.
    Then i lost 10 lbs and i figured that was good and tried to eat meat again but it felt weird so im back to being pescatarian again

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been vegan for two years now, for ethical reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • No pork

0|0
    0|0
    • Cool. Same here. How come? Religious reasons? Health reasons? Personal preference? I know some people who about pork especially to avoid cholesterol and sodium.

• Show All
    • I thought you mentioned it in a response to another question I posted a while back. I could just be confusing you with someone else.

• I have no idea. I don't keep track of stuff I write on here

• I'm just a picky eater haha

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I eat everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • health, no dairy in my diet.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes