For the EU crowed: Is it more fiscally responsible to often go out to eat and use coupons or to buy groceries and make meals at home?

• Meals at home, obviously...
  • Eating out with some coupons, obviously...

55

Most Helpful Guy

• For starters, I have no idea of the availability of coupons.

Rest of it, depends on where you live.

Scandinavian countries are unbelievably expensive when it comes to going out eating. McDonalds quickly costs over 60/70 euros.

Where I live (The Netherlands) prices are manageable for both. Generally it's cheaper to buy groceries and making meals at home though. It really depends on where you live. In touristy places it's going to be far more expensive to go out.

• Yes, thank you. A reasonable answer.

• No idea which countries they compared, but it would be weird to take North-America and our neighbor countries, but not Scandinavia in the study.

• True, true. I know for a fact that Scandinavia is ridiculously expensive so it's weird to not see them up there

Most Helpful Girl

• I get coupons from @splashofyellow completely free, so if I have coupons to cover for the whole dinner, and I usually do, it's obviously cheaper than buying groceries and making food at home. But otherwise eating out is always more expensive.