Do you eat food after the "use by date" and "expiry date" ?

Do you eat food after the "use by date" and "expiry date " ?

1231

Most Helpful Guy

• If the date is "use by", I would never recommend eating said food item after it. That's usually used for meats and it's quite strict. If you're not gonna eat or cook with it, throw it in the freezer.

If it's best before I'll use it if it doesn't smell or taste funny and it hasn't been too long.

Most Helpful Girl

• I freeze a lot of meat I can't eat before the expiration date, so I might eat that even months after the date. I wouldn't eat anything after the expiration date if it wasn't frozen, though. I eat products past their use by date (I think this is the same as best before? We have different terms for them here) all the time. It's just a suggestion and often the products are good a few days or even a week after the use by date.