What is the most difficult meal you ever had to cook?

Anything real complicated and difficult to get just right?

1418

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 13

• Not difficult i would say. Just a lot of preparation

• I made chicken cordon bleu once :) It was good.
    I think chicken is the hardest to cook because you want it juicy but not raw. This is only magnified when you don't really even eat chicken, so, you're unsure how it should look lol I make a lot of chicken for people all things considered.

• Fried rice and shrimp. Shrimp is easy, but the rice? 🙄 Let's just say rice is not my favorite thing to cook. 😂

• I think rack of lamb and beef Wellington were the 2 most difficult. Then chicken tetrazzini was a log of prepping and a long process. Not hard to do though.

• Rice. I swear it was made by the demon named "Petty." And recommend by the devil himself, my boyfriend. He loves his freaking rice *Slits my wrists*

• Nobody laugh at me- lasagna
    I can't make lasagna to save my life! The only thing I can not prepare.

• I don’t reslly do much complicated.

Probably the most work is Vietnamese style egg rolls. Which are just ridiculous amounts of work.

• Turkey and chicken. I boil the chicken first then bake it. It’s always dry.

• Don't boil it first. You boil off all the fat and will dry out the chicken.
      The fat helps with moisture and is the flavor. Just bake. Bone in , 350* 45 minutes give or take. Stab with knife. You want clear juice, Or pull on leg/wing. When done it will separate easily. Boneless breast. 350*f @ 30 minutes.
      Hope it helps...

• Thank you. I’ll try this next time.

• Hope it helps you out. "My intention"

• I had to make an apple pie with a lattice crust and it took forever.

• Boiling rice

• I do rice all the time. I like it dry and each grain is free. white rice the easiest. Two cups water on cup rice
      Half table spoon less water. For drier rice. Bring water to boil add pinch salt at start add rice while stirring reduce heat to medium In till rolling boil reduce again to a slow simmer keep lid on tight 17 to 20 minutes remove from heat , part lid
      Do not remove let sit five minutes. fluff with fork. Jasmine rice is awesome. Brown rice is super good for you. white is not. Wild rice is not rice at all.
      Sticky rice for Laos cuisine. Got to soak in water over night steam in bamboo basket container. WTF. WHO asked for my input. I'll shut up !

• Ypu didn't say anything bad by the way
      Its fine
      But i find it strange that ypu do that.

• Well, I'm strange, so that would explain it I suppose. But, to my defence. The last rice statement was about fried rice, how I never get that go I like. I'm sort of a perfectionists when it comes to certain things. No matter how good things I do turnout. There is always room for improvement.
      Yea, I go too far on some points. But I mean well. Yes I am strange. But I hope not creepy.
      We all are a little strange in our own little ways.

Hope your day is going well.

• Rice since I always get it wrong.

• Cereal

• Errythingggg

What Guys Said 18

• In cooking school i had to make a crème caramel, pot de crème and panna cotta done at the same time. Just a lot to do in a small window and timing them is a real pain in the ass. Fucked up the pot de crème but the other 2 came out well

• Pizza dough is pretty hard to get just right and baking in general since the measurements need to be so accurate. I like to improvise when I cook :D Sorbet was also surprisingly hard to get right.

• Beef Wellington or a flawless Consomme probably.

While relatively easy to cook mediocre, they are wickedly difficult to get *flawless*.

• A grilled cheese sandwich. I'm serious. I'm not joking. Yes, I am ashamed.

• Thai food, I love trying to make , I fail a lot. Getting the right seasoning. I tend to over do spices. But
    pad Thai noodles are difficult to get them just right. They either come out chewy clumpy soggy or just plain old tough as shoe leather. I usually make very small batches. If they are horrible I only ruin a little and I go at it again..
    I go to this noodle place the soup is to die for. Its always very consistent. Delishious. Yea I know its flavored broth. No its so much more. Then the fresh herbs sprouts peppers...
    I use there's as my inspiration. its got to have the right balance and without the noodles being perfect. its not pad Thai...

• I have yet to perfect the art of cooking steak

• The best way to tell if a steak is done is by feeling your wrist. The closer to your thumb, the less it is cooked, the closer to your arm the steak feels like, the more it is cooked. Medium rare steak generally takes 2-3 minutes on a medium-high grill on each side.

Getting the perfect grill marks is quite simple with practice. Imagine the steak is a hand on a clock. Start the steak facing at 10:00. Now you're going to flip the steak upside down, on a different part of the grill to make sure the spot thats cooking the steak is always hot enough, rotate the steak to 2:00 after you notice the grill marks on the steak when you lean over and look at the bottom. Last step is to flip the steak back over to 2:00 on the side you put it down on first and leave on the grill until the internal temperature is 138-140 degrees farenheit. Let it rest up to 10 minutes or until the temperature of the steak has risen to 145 farenheit

And there you have it, a perfectly cooked medium rare steak!

• Never made a meal that was difficult.

• Ice cream

• I've always had a hard time making a souffle

• Stuffed Turkey that weighed like 20 lbs.

• Perfect BBQ

• Cereal

• Gumbo

• Making Alfredo sauce from scratch.

• Thanksgiving dinner for twenty family members

• Top ramen

• Mac and cheese

• Lasagna.