Is it weird to be into mixology?

Let me clarify: I am NOT an underage drinker

Ever since I heard/learned about mixology, I've been interested by it. Maybe it's the fact that I can bring a bunch of average drinks and combine it into a masterpiece.
I know I'm under 21 so I let my parents try it to tell me if it's good or horrible, but I was wondering: is it weird to be interested in mixing juices and alcohols at my age? πŸ€”
(Only my parents know about this, none of my friends or other family members do)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is okay. Maybe the beginning of a passion/job.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, an interest is an interest. Again, you're not doing it to get drunk or anything but you just enjoy it. At the moment read up on it, mix mocktails and even make a couple cocktails when you get older. Maybe when you're older go overseas, like to my own homeland of Australia where you can drink at 18, maybe do a course as well.

2|0
    0|0
    • wait I screwed up, I meant make a couple of cocktails for your parents and adults.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• There's a certain attraction to it, you get the knowledge of how to make all sorts of unique drinks. But it's a bit difficult if you can't taste them yet.

2|0
    0|0
  • Its more of a hobby but its not weird.. If you an do that with other things it will be very helpful... mixing teas or herbs for food... Same principle

2|0
    0|0
  • It's all fine, but you'd have to wait a while to really get to do mixology

1|0
    0|0
  • Why wouldn't you drink though?

0|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 3

• Its not weird. I would like to try it too but I don't buy alcohol very much. Sometimes I buy the cocktail mix without the alcohol and drink it without alcohol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definetly uncommon but I wouldn't really say there's anything wrong with it. Not like your getting absolutely wasted

1|0
    0|0
  • No it’s not

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes