Should people become vegetarian?

• Yes
  • No

1221

Most Helpful Guys

• People can survive not eating meat. doesn't mean everybody should be vegetarian

• Unless you are becoming good for the strong.😱

Most Helpful Girls

What Guys Said 19

• Vegetarians are unhealthy. They don't get the neccacry nutrients and vitimens that are needed so you'd have to take supplements. I'd rather stay on an omnivorous diet, where i get all that i need.

• I've been a vegan for 15 years and take no supplement and guarantee I could whip your ads in any physical contest

• @TGFH-Satan this is like a view from the 1950s. There's not really any question that vegetarians get all their nutrients. Even vegans can potentially be extremely healthy. The average Western omnivore isn't particularly healthy, not there's anything particularly wrong with omnivorousness from a health perspective.

• Evank, please don't let someone upset you. You don't know them I think your being quite ignorant.

• I think meat should be taxed 1000%
    It's still legal to eat it, but people will only eat it on special occasions. (Yes, I know that there's the flaw that rich people could still eat it en Masse)

• 1000% it's way to expensive to have even on rare occasions. Only the rich could afford to eat meat.

• How often do you eat meat?

• I think taxation is immoral and is theft and the only way to create a better world is to convince people it's the right thing to do. Killing conscious beings to feed yourself is pretty selfish

• Well... let me put it this way. Vegetarians eat my food's food. That's a criminal act and should be persecuted.

• It's not a question of "should,"just personal beliefs or choice.

• No, a diet should be balanced between meats and veggies

or it will lead to chemical imbalances withing the body

• Should? Yes or no?
    This makes no sense.

They do whatever floats their boat.

• There is no good argument for why someone shouldn't become vegetarian. People complain about iron, but did you know that if you mix citrus with iron contained veggies (black beans, lentils, etc) your absorption of that iron is increased by 3x? Most people don't know that. You can be vegetarian and even vegan without any pills if you know what to eat. It's pretty selfish and lazy to rely on an animal to gather those nutrients for you, then kill it and eat it's flesh because you didn't wanna seek out the nutrients on your own.

How can anyone say that people shouldn't become vegetarian? It's better for the environment, better for your health, better morally (there is NO argument there) and it's cheaper too!

• I've been Vegan since July 2017 and I 100% agree. Though I do have trouble with my iron no matter what so I do take iron pills.

• Are you vegan or vegetarian?

• @oooooohlala vegetarian, I'm eating cheese as we speak. Going vegetarian and quitting drinking and now cutting down my weed usage drastically this past year has been too much for me, along with modifying my core beliefs and excommunicating several people from my life, it's all too much. I don't have the strength to change anymore currently, maybe one day I could go vegan, for now I buy organic milk/yogurt and free range eggs.

• Eating non veg is not any issue for health eating toxic, medicine injustice, non organic meat and chicken are issue for health

• Don't worry I don't eat meat, I'm just a vegetarian hunter.

• I'll say no vegetarians can do some some social service by eating all those annoying flies.

• Obviously everyone should switch to a vegan diet. It's painfully obvious

• Should people die?

• It is healthier for your diet.

• I guess you get your necessary share of proteins from other sources

• True. But meat is the best source of proteins and that's a fact.
      My point is that we can digest meat because we're meant to eat meat.

• You don't get all the needed vitimens from plants, so no it's not healthy.

• That's completely up to the individual.

• i'm good

• in a ideal world yes

• If they want

• I don't think I should

• Everyone should be vegan. The world will go vegan.
    - 101 Reasons You Need Go Vegan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HJcq8qHAY
    - Land of Hope and Glory ('Earthlings' Documentary)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtVkNofcq8
    - Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gEiweaAVQ
    - Best Speech You Will Ever Hear - Gary Yourofsky
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

What Girls Said 10

• I think too often topics are labeled touchy when they really shouldn't be. This falls squarely into that category. If you look at the data behind livestock production and the increased demand, it's very clear across the board that it is more harmful, and growing more harmful, than producing the same weight of plant matter.

That's not to say all plant products are made the same, soybeans and palm oil are increasingly taxing on the environment in different ways, both heavily contribute to deforestation with one, palm oil, being one of the leading factors of one species decent into extinction, the orangutan.

However, it's not that black and white*
    The story only grows more complicated when it's been proven palm oil farms are actually more efficient than many other, like corn or grapeseed. Then the question arises, ok, what do we do with that knowledge?

I think from an environmental standpoint, lowering meat consumption would be positive for the long term health and diversity of the environment. However, tackling plant production should also be a priority.

meat production, consumption, and the environment.
    http://www.fao.org/livestock-environment/en/
    www.fao.org/.../index.htm
    www.scientificamerican.com/.../
    woods.stanford.edu/.../consequences-increased-global-meat-consumption-global-environment

palm oil.
    theconversation.com/palm-oil-scourge-of-the-earth-or-wonder-crop-42165
    www.fao.org/.../dalibard.htm

Do I think people Should become vegetarians no, no one should be forced into a diet they don't like. Also, for some people money, health, location, and other factors make it virtually impossible to switch to a vegetarian diet.

• We need protein no matter how we get it. Due to climate changes and global warming, yes we should and it would help a lot. However we can't control the overpopulation which is at last, the biggest problem of this planet.

• Vegetarianism and veganism have been scientifically proven to be healthier, both for humans and the environment. So, yeah, I think people should become vegetarians but I wouldn’t pressure someone into doing so.

• I don't like to tell people what to do. Personally I think it would be better, but I have interest in actively convincing people.

• *but I have NO interest in actively convincing people

Sorry, that was an unfortunate typo.

• No. Some people can't survive without meat. Literally.

• I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes I wonder about the morality of killing living, breathing creatures when we can just eat vegetables instead

• Nvm keep eating meat, it kills people a lot quicker, the planet needs to get rid of some.

• Only if they want too

• If they want

• Only if they want to.