Are people okay with me being vegetarian?

When I used to go on dates, people were shocked that I was vegetarian. One guy even called me a vegetable, hooked up then left me, should I be ashamed?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• No. Don't be ashamed of it. I know I personally could never be a vegetarian, however so long as you are OK with a partner eating meat, most people shouldn't have a problem with it. Never be ashamed of something like this. Ps, my ex was vegetarian so it does certainly work

1|0
    0|0
  • These days so many people are vegetarian that's it's excepted by most people. These days those that are against it are the outcasts. Be who ever you choose.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no you shouldn't be ashamed. Just don't be the person to be mad at others for it. That one guy is a complete asshole and you need to find smarter people in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you a complete vegetarian? How do you get your protein?

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. Being vegetarian is a fine choice.

For the record I’m a carnivore through and through.

In my opinion you shouldn’t hesitate to screen out anyone who judges you and stay away from them. It’s a good filter.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but you should try to find other vegetarians to date if possible. Why did you give that cunt sex if he was such an asshole?

1|0
    0|0
  • If the guy can't respect the fact that you're vegetarian then don't even bother with him, it's your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fine, just don't bash it in people faces a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been for 30years I enjoy it tough if people don't like it !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • You should do whatever you want. Hooked up as in what? If he just left then he didn’t deserve you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'm fine with a girl being a vegetarian.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a vegetarian and i dont regret it i love it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes oky

1|0
    0|0
  • That's totally fine

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a vegan, but I still eat pussy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares? Eat whatever you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am one

0|0
    0|0
  • ooh sometimes DT he they behavior

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Vegetarian isn't a big deal nowadays, not in quite a few western countries at least. Unless you're obnoxious about it, solely define yourself by your vegetarianism, and only talk about that, there is absolutely nothing to feel bad about.

0|0
    0|0
  • you shouldn't be ashamed but maybe let the guy know ahead of time to avoid getting rejected after they find out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I’m a vegetarian as well. Someone is always gonna have something to say

1|0
    0|0
  • no those people are weird for eating meat

1|0
    0|0
    • Those people are just assholes. Most people that eat meat, including myself, are fine with vegetarians as long as they don't force their lifestyle on others

• I agree

• Apparently not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes