Name me some must try desserts from around the world?

I'm one who enjoies trying varying ethnic cuisines. I'm also one who always likes to leave room for dessert when going out to eat. I've been cutting off sweets, but a several friends and I are looking to dine out for a catch up date and I've got myself a sweet tooth craving... so please, do share your favorites as well as naming what country the dessert comes from.

My top 10 favorites are:
1. Martabak Manis/Apam Balik (an Indonesian/Malysian street food pancake that is loaded with things like crushed peanuts, chocolate chips, condensed milk and far too much calories lol)

2. Pisang Goreng (translated to English, it's deep fried banana. It's from Indonesian/Malysia and it's usually dipped in honey, coated in a batter and fried golden)

3. Patbingsu (It's a Korean dessert that consists of milk based fine shaved ice and topped off with a variety of toppings like fruits, mochi, sweet fruit puree, crushed nuts... etc.

4. Halo-halo (It's a heavenly Filipino shaved ice sundae!)

5. Turon (It's a sweet Filipino springroll that consists of banana and jackfruit!)

6. Mille Feuille Crepe Cake (There's this French cafe I go to that makes thee best mocha one 😍)

7. Carlota (A Mexican icebox cake, I've got a friend who makes a sublime lime one!)

8. Tartufo (A true favorite Italian ice cream dessert of mine!)

9. Lamington (A spin on a sponge cake with a nice cream filling. Usually chocolate in flavor, but I enjoy lemon or raspberry more)

10. TangYuan (A glutinous rice ball dessert that dosen't contain or can contain fillings like red bean/black sesame/peanut paste... and is eaten in a warm ginger and rock sugar syrup)

1016

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh gosh Mille fuelle 😍😍😍, tricky one to make I screw it up quite often lol.

Not really a dessert (well it can be), but have you ever had a Cronut? They’re amazing, basically croissant pastry that is deep fried like a doughnut and filled. Think it technically comes from America (invented in NYC I believe).

And bubble wrap ice cream, which comes from HK... egg waffle wrapped in a cone with multiple different flavours of ice cream stuffed inside it 🤤

• Haha yes! I've gone to NY and went to Domonique Ansel Bakery to try his very own creation 🙂

And haha being fairly close to P-mall, yes, I'm fairly familiar with HK bubble waffles of varying flavors and topped off with ice cream 😋

Most Helpful Girl

• Have to have pavlova, though the origin is always argued between Australia and New Zealand 😉

My most favourite ever cake is a Russian Napoleon cake... if you like mille feuille you’d love this cake but I’ve never found one in a store here, I’ve had to make it and it takes so long 😂
    letthebakingbeginblog.com/.../

And probably babka which is like a bread that’s swirled with chocolate and topped with chunks of cinnamon-sugar like a crumble 🤤 I think it’s Eastern European.

• Thanks for MHO 😊 did you end up finding something to try?

• Ended up going to a cafe that serves millie crepes with unique varieties of ice cream. But I do have your pavlova booked marked to be a dessert that I try to bake 😋