My top 10 favorites are:
1. Martabak Manis/Apam Balik (an Indonesian/Malysian street food pancake that is loaded with things like crushed peanuts, chocolate chips, condensed milk and far too much calories lol)
2. Pisang Goreng (translated to English, it's deep fried banana. It's from Indonesian/Malysia and it's usually dipped in honey, coated in a batter and fried golden)
3. Patbingsu (It's a Korean dessert that consists of milk based fine shaved ice and topped off with a variety of toppings like fruits, mochi, sweet fruit puree, crushed nuts... etc.
4. Halo-halo (It's a heavenly Filipino shaved ice sundae!)
5. Turon (It's a sweet Filipino springroll that consists of banana and jackfruit!)
6. Mille Feuille Crepe Cake (There's this French cafe I go to that makes thee best mocha one 😍)
7. Carlota (A Mexican icebox cake, I've got a friend who makes a sublime lime one!)
8. Tartufo (A true favorite Italian ice cream dessert of mine!)
9. Lamington (A spin on a sponge cake with a nice cream filling. Usually chocolate in flavor, but I enjoy lemon or raspberry more)
10. TangYuan (A glutinous rice ball dessert that dosen't contain or can contain fillings like red bean/black sesame/peanut paste... and is eaten in a warm ginger and rock sugar syrup)
Most Helpful Girl
Have to have pavlova, though the origin is always argued between Australia and New Zealand 😉
My most favourite ever cake is a Russian Napoleon cake... if you like mille feuille you’d love this cake but I’ve never found one in a store here, I’ve had to make it and it takes so long 😂
And probably babka which is like a bread that’s swirled with chocolate and topped with chunks of cinnamon-sugar like a crumble 🤤 I think it’s Eastern European.
Most Helpful Guy
Oh gosh Mille fuelle 😍😍😍, tricky one to make I screw it up quite often lol.
Not really a dessert (well it can be), but have you ever had a Cronut? They’re amazing, basically croissant pastry that is deep fried like a doughnut and filled. Think it technically comes from America (invented in NYC I believe).
And bubble wrap ice cream, which comes from HK... egg waffle wrapped in a cone with multiple different flavours of ice cream stuffed inside it 🤤