Would you try a century egg 🌑?

Would you try one or have had the chance to taste oneWould you try a century egg ๐ŸŒ‘?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Century egg or Pidan, also known as preserved egg, hundred-year egg, thousand-year egg, thousand-year-old egg, millennium egg, skin egg and black egg, is a Chinese preserved food product and delicacy made by preserving duck, chicken or quail eggs in a mixture of clay, ash, salt, quicklime, and rice hulls for several weeks to several months, depending on the method of processing.

Would I try it? Nope.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks very cool, but it looks like it tastes disgusting!

1|0
    0|0
    • I am certain this type is appreciated through acquired taste

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• If it doesn't kill me or make me sick, I try all kinds of foods. One of my favorite shows was Bizzare Foods. I can't guarantee that I would like it, but I would try it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty open to food so I would probably take a bite

1|0
    0|0
    • We have an adventurer here! yeah the best is always to try before anything. That is guts

• Well I would be cautious for two reasons, one its Chinese and many producers of it where caught putting heavy metals into it, the second I would be hesitante is because they supposedly smell like urine. I might try it IF some one I knew tried it first though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol looks interesting, sure I'll try it if I won't die from it

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean I feel like I want to try one but I canโ€™t lie by the time I actually pout a century old egg to my mouth I have a feeling I would have second thoughts...

0|0
    0|0
    • That is okay, it always is a wonder

• Show All
    • Haha braveeee soul, you never know until you try

• Exactly right! !!

• I would need to see the life expectancy of people who ate it before. If i have a 90% chance or higher of living then its a solid maybe until I smell it to make a final decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would try one.
    From what I heard, they just taste like an ordinary egg, albeit like 10 times stronger.

However, I wouldn't eat balut.
    Century eggs are just preserved food, balut is just people being weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think I'd have the guts to stick that thing in my mouth. I'm good not knowing what those taste like.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell naw !!!

2|1
    0|0
  • Only thing I'd consume that's a century old is alcohol.

2|0
    0|0
  • My stomach vomited. And my mind. And I think my mouth soon will, too.

2|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I'd have to smell it first to be sure, but it doesn't sound very good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™ve had a couple; itโ€™s something that is not agreeable to Western pallet

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you like it? Well I am sure anyone can it is an acquired taste

• Itโ€™s good but you normally see it in congee or rice porridge. You donโ€™t eat it by itself.

• Tastes like orange lemonade... was not the badest thing I've eat in my life

0|0
    0|0
    • Where did you try it

• Vienna, there is a big marked (we call it Naschmarkt) with food from all over around the world where I try things from time to time

• NO. a friend of mine once tried, and says it tastes the way poop smells... ๐Ÿ’ฉ

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks disgusting so no

2|0
    0|0
  • Already ate.
    This is as horrible as it looks..

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll take a pass on this one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure y not

0|1
    0|0
  • what the hell is this?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would try it

0|0
    0|0
  • As iamshan stated. "Oh hell naw !!!"

It's absolutely disgusting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love to

1|0
    1|0
    • Wow im surprised by your response you are an adventurer!

• I have tried my semen just to know what it tastes like so this is not a big thing lol

What Girls Said 12

• No but it's pretty so I'd probably stare at it forever and let it reach 2 centuries ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha! Oh no, until you realised it has already been a century ๐Ÿ˜…

• Have eaten them several times.

Most common way is chopped up in congee.

They look strange but the taste really isnโ€™t that far away from a boiled egg. Just a touch more rubbery.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had to Google that as I wasn't sure what a century egg was. And my answer is NO! I'll pass on the pidan lol

1|0
    0|0
  • One of our Asia's delicacies. It's best to serve with congee๐Ÿ‘Œ

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, no thank you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I'll pass on that one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope probably not

0|0
    0|0
  • No o_o

0|0
    0|0
  • I ve tried it. Not a fan

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Century eggs are sold in some stores in my neighbourhood, but I'd never try them because of their nasty appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd hate to share a bed with someone who ate those

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes