Are you a good tipper when you eat out at a restaurant?

I try to be but of course it depends on how good the service was.

2115

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm from Japan we don't tip. They actually get offended if we tip they give it back to you asap.. I don't understand why tipping. They already get their wage that's why no one in Japan likes that. You get what you work and the owner have to pay not clients!

• I've heard that before. It's a much better system I think.

• I live in Vermont (no that is not a city... Yes it is a state) and waiters and waitresses get 6.50 per hour. tips cover the rest. Although the restaurant I work at requires the waiters and waitresses to add up there tips at the end of each night and split them evenly.

• @someguy my comment was for the other poster 😀

Most Helpful Guy

• I do, at least 20%. It can be embarrassing being out with my mom, they'll tip 10% or maybe 15%. I have handed the waitress money when my parents are walking out.

When I was in Malaysia, my ex had food delivered, and she was going to pay, but didn't have exact change. I didn't either, but we were within 1RM, which is about $0.20. I said to just let him keep the difference. We ended up arguing over less than a quarter, and it was mine anyway!
    Since it was under her name, she didn't want them expecting it I guess, because she gets food delivered often, but can't afford the extra. Instead she used a bigger denomination, and asked for change back. Which was just to avoid letting me pay for any of it.

She made it sound like I was "throwing my money around" which anyone that knows me, knows is worlds away from how I am with my money.