Is it normal to be obsessed with eating healthy foods?

It started with some lemon water my mother started making
Then I went and bought spinach
Then I bought carrots
And then I bought mushrooms
And then I bought some very dark chocolate
And then I decided to buy eggplants

Now I've become obsessed with eating healthy foods. Not for weight loss reasons but just because I don't want to get cancer when I am 60 years old and even though some illnesses are unavoidable, you can improve your chances with healthy eating.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Itโ€™s absolutely fine to have an interest in wanting to be and stay healthy, so long as it doesnโ€™t bother on obsessive and disrupt your thoughts and relationships. Good for you!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Its normal to want to be healthy, just don't get emotionally attached to food.
    Its good to avoid junk food etc. But don't be that person in the group at a restaurant or something that won't eat anything or tries to get the waitress to make a ton of changes to the menu just so you can avoid the butter. Those people are really annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's very normal, especially if you are spiritual and what your faith is, we should put good in and get good out. I think it's a great positive habit that everybody should adopt, but that's just my opinion. I know whenever I get on a healthy food kick I always feel amazing, I have so much more energy and it makes me feel good that I'm doing something to protect and strengthen the only body we got. So keep up the good work, and I hope you get the best out of life. ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ˜œ

0|0
    0|0
  • as i sit here eating a pizza, i must say, this wave has swept me over too. I went vegetarian not long ago and now I'm buying more vegetables than ever before (which is like 2 onions instead of one and avocado with my broccoli lol) but yeah i want my body in good shape. I also quit drinking, the biggest thing but I have to keep reminding myself that it doesn't matter how little i drink if i keep consuming sugar

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically speaking everything was healthy food for the past thousand years, no preservatives no artifical colors and artificial flavors... If you chose to eat healthy is because you know the benefits... you can call it obsession, i call it determination

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all personal preference some people like to take care of their bodies another is don't worry about it at all so it's all personal preference

0|0
    0|0
  • Shoot, seems normal to me. I eat eggs, salad, salad, and more salad.

0|0
    0|0
  • โ€œNormalโ€ is not a good thing. Taking care of your body is way better than โ€œnormalโ€

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm obsessed with eating as healthy as I can so I think so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's normal, and it's a very good habit I wish I could get.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't get it. Healthy food was always gross to me

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter what others think , you do when you want to stay healthy ,

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. Its quite normal... But life is hell... Anything can happen even if you're healthy..

0|0
    0|0
  • I made the decision to include more produce in my eating habits as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • totally normal and very beneficial too

0|0
    0|0
  • It's great. Do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing wrong with eating healthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Half and half

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure it's natural.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Understand that you can't affect when and how you die even 1%. People who lived like you got cancer. A lot of them. There have been cases of an airplane crashing on to a random house and killing everybody there. You think their health helped them? Im not saying go shoot up heroin, Im just saying you can smoke 3 packs a day and live longer than somebody who eats only healthy food, works out etc. Our deaths, just like our births, are 100% out of our control.

0|0
    0|0
  • No thatโ€™s fine you just want to stay healthy

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Are you just conscious of what you're eating now or is it something compulsive that you have to always watch that all of your food is healthy?

0|0
    0|0
    • I just feel good when I eat healthy food - like I'm taking care of myself. That's all.

• That's completely normal. Eating healthily is good for your body and what's good for your body is good for your mind.

• It is normal, i like it as well, it makes me in a good mode maybe because it has variety of vietamines and water content! I love the taste of foods as well!

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to do that until I got really sick because of eating too much fibre. Everything in excess is a danger

0|0
    0|0
  • No I am as well. It just feels great to know Iโ€™m putting something good into my body

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh i do that... I don't think it is but it keeps me from eating junk food.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn I wish I was obsessed with eating healthy

1|0
    0|0
  • Normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal and very good for you!

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically I don't think any obsession can be considered normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be ortorexy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes