Do you consider eggs as vegetarian or non-vegetarian?

Recently i had some argument with some people saying that egg is vegetarian because is isn't formed as cell yet and some has another theories. What do you think about it your opinions are welcome ๐Ÿ˜ŠDo you consider eggs as vegetarian or non-vegetarian??
  • it's vegetarian😃
    Vote A
  • Hell no those are idiots it's non-vegetarian😀
    Vote B
  • Who cares let's just eat them😋
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Based on the definition of vegetarian as a diet which excludes consumption of animal flesh, technically, yes, eggs are vegetarian, since they are not animal flesh (the meat, muscles or tissue of an animal).

1|1
    0|0
  • It's animal-derived product, so it's non-vegetarian. By that logic milk would be vegetarian too, and it isn't. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ

1|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Whether or not you can eat eggs depends largely on the type of vegetarian diet that you follow. Semi-vegetarian and pescetarian diets allow for the consumption of eggs, as well as some animal or fish meats. Among pure vegetarians, lacto-ovo vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products, but no meat, poultry or fish.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's vegetarian (unlike fish), but it's not vegan. Vegetarians don't eat animals, but they do eat some animal products like dairy, eggs and honey.
    If you don't eat animals - you're a vegetarian... egg is not an animal.
    However, if you eat fish, you're not a vegetarian because fish is an animal. People who eat fish as the only kind of meat, are called pescetarians, but they are obviously just a semi-vegetarians.
    Vegans don't eat eggs because they consider them "potential life", but if the egg is not fertilized, it doesn't contain any life.. so it's not a problem for vegetarians.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Eggs are typically considered a part of a vegetarian diet.

They are not part of a vegan diet.

Though you will find some people that arenโ€™t vegan in full that wonโ€™t include eggs in their diet.

In other words the answer can be both yes and no.

1|1
    1|0
  • They're vegetarian, as they are not fertilized and therefore don't have the capacity to bear life anyway. They're not vegan tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • Eggs are in non vegetarian diet
    Eggs include a life inside themselves... Which would be killed if we eat/cook the egg and vegetarians don't kill animals to eat them...

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm an Omnivore so it really doesn't matter to me. I have Vegetarian friends that eat eggs and Vegetarian friends that won't eat eggs, dairy is the only animal products they'll consume.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eggs are vegetarian.
    Vegetarians don't eat meat, but do eat animal products. (Milk, eggs, etc)
    Eggs are not vegan
    Vegans don't eat meat or any animal products

1|0
    0|0
  • Eggs are officially considered vegetarian. They are OvoLacto vegetarian, which includes food derived from animals but not the animal meat itself-
    i e milk, eggs, yogurt. As apposed to Vegan, which does not involve any food connected to animals. Eggs were never living animals, they were never not even fertilized. Animals lay eggs whether fertilized or not. Non fertilized eggs are used in egg production. It would be like calling an egg from your period 'meat'.

Having said that, i do not eat animal byproduct bc of the conditions animals are kept in. I have been vegetarian from birth, but i have been vegan from age 10.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all eggs are fertilized so I don't really consider them meat. I'm vegetarian and would eat eggs but don't particularly like them

1|0
    1|0
  • Do you not know the difference between vegetarian and vegan?

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they are vegetarian, its not 'meat'. They're not vegan as they are 'animal products'. (coming from a vegetarian here!)

0|0
    1|0
  • I'd say it's vegetarian but not vegan. It's not meat, but it comes from an animal

0|0
    0|0
  • Egg is vegetarian but a vegan would not eat them

1|1
    0|0
  • Vegetarian

0|1
    0|0
  • Non veg cuz it comes from animals.

2|0
    0|0
  • Eggs is chicken menstruations. Vegetarian or not, eggs are fuckin gross. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|1
  • It's vegetarian, but not vegan. Then again, some people eat fish and claim to be vegetarian, so I guess there are no strict rules in vegetarian diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never understood why they're consider vegetarian.

1|0
    0|0
    • because vegetarians don't eat flesh and an egg is not flesh, it's the nutrients for flesh... more similar to a plant than an animal

• Non vegetarian
    The chicken makes it but it's not meat

2|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 10

• I think it's non vegetarian. If you let the egg with the hen, it can hatch and there comes a life. Eggs we buy actually been injected some chemicals so it won't hatch

0|0
    1|0
  • Most eggs are sterile. However, are they "vegetarian"? Well, they aren't plant material, and nearly all the ones you can buy are from factory farms that treat the animals very badly.
    Now, if you can get them from places where the chickens are happy and graze freely...

0|0
    0|0
  • "Vegetarian" means that you abstain from the consumption of *meat* and animal flesh.
    Eggs are neither meat nor animal flesh, so, they are part of the vegetarian diet.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just love to eat it without considering either it's vegetarian or non-vegetarian.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think it's non veg. Because I think the whole idea of vegetarian was not to kill any animals like (general thought). So egg falls in that category I believe

0|0
    0|0
  • vegetarians don't eat dead flesh. An egg is not flesh

0|0
    0|0
  • Not vegetarian

0|0
    0|1
    • Did you have any research on this bro๐Ÿ˜…

• Eggs are not vegetarian. Chickens are animals so their eggs are animal matter as well. Whether or not the egg has been fertilized is completely irrelevant, eggs are chicken.
      However, apparently, a Vegetarian is one who eats grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds with or without the consumption of dairy products and eggs. So technically, a person eating eggs could be either Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian or Ovo-vegetarian (Lacto-Ovo consumes eggs and dairy products.

• they are vegetarian but not vegan

1|1
    0|0
  • Vegetarians dont eat meat. Vegetarians are normal, dont forget that. Is vegans who are fucktards and dont eat any animal based food

0|0
    2|0
  • I think it depends on the description of what said vegetarian considers non-vegetarian.

I am not a vegetarian, but if a vegetarian considers eating anything alive to be wrong then eating a regular egg would be normal as no living creature can be made from a regular egg. as the fertilization is made prior to the egg leaving the producer of said egg.

another thing, these commen store bought eggs are not fertility produced.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes