Trying to stop consuming sugar. What foods give you natural energy?

I'm a zombie
Updates:
How to Eliminate Toxins from Artificial Sweeteners
Check your food labels at home and throw out everything that has on its label:

Aspartame
Acesulfame Potassium (K)
Saccharin or Sucralose
NutraSweet®
Splenda®

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• carbs and fats which as you come off sugar your body can now burn rather than store. if you want a sweet treat use honey or maple syrup. plenty of energy bar recipes on line too. been sugar free nearly two years now ;)

1|0
    0|0
    • strong coffee will give you a kick too and if you exercise is proven to help burn more fat

• Show All
    • Yuck I didn't know that

• you are in the states aren't you? worse there with less regulation on gm food and adulteration of meat too. i mean washing chicken in bleach and then selling it for human consumption. glad im veggie too and we dont import from america so much

Most Helpful Girl

• fruits, lots of leafy green veggies, root vegetables (especially sweet potatoes yum), and nuts

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Bananas, and anything sweet which contains natural sugars (fructose) such as strawberries, mangoes, watermelons, berries, etc. But remember that sugar in all forms gets used as energy but if not expelled through exercise may get stored as fat

1|0
    0|0
    • Sugar is sugar. Fructose isn't any healthier than any other sugar.

• Stuff with sugar, we are powered by sugar, sugar is actually the natural way to go, don't cut it from your diet, reduce it if you don't want that much, also, consume Abit more fat, the fat will dampen the sugar making it so it doesn't immediately hit you where it counts

1|0
    0|0
  • Grapes
    Coconut water
    Banana
    Carrot
    Apple juice
    Lemon tea.

1|0
    0|0
    • Most of that contains sugar.

• Show All
    • Sugar per se is not bad for you. Like with almost everything, it's the dose that makes the poison.

• dried fruits is a massive source of energy and also nuts

1|1
    0|0
  • When you say sugar do you mean all sugars? Sugar itself is not inherently bad, processed on the other hand is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seafood is the healthiest food for you as well as the environment.
    Go with fishies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Berries, grains, fruits and seeds. Plant based foods.

1|0
    0|0
    • Berries/fruits = sugar.

• Show All
    • There's no "real" sugars. All sugars are real. What makes you think sucrose (table sugar) is any less natural than fructose? They're both come from plants. And here's the thing - when our bodies digest sugars, it makes no distinction between types of sugars. All sugars are eventually split into monosaccharids in our bodies.

• False. Aspartame is a sugar and it's 200 times more dangerous than sugar. Sugar is chemically altered when it's artificial.

• Just reduce it by time to time don't put it off completely

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you have caffeine also. Most of the b vitamins. Its takes sometime to get use to not having sugar. Honey is a replacement for a sweeter instead of sugar.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aspartame and nutrasweet are artifical sugar made from chemical waste, just dont buy it again. Try fresh food like fruits

0|0
    0|0
  • Beets. Tons of b vitamins. Any complex carbs will also give energy. Caffeine from black coffee and tea can also give a short term energy boost.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agave nectar or honey are probably the best natural sweetners.
    Salads and vegetables are very healthy.
    Excercise will help a lot as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sugar is poison. Good for you. It only gets easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • I Love lamp

1|0
    0|0
  • The Cranberries, I love them

1|0
    0|0
  • Cocaine

3|0
    0|0
  • Nothing gives me energy

2|0
    0|0
  • Fruits , yogurt , vegetables

1|0
    0|0
  • mmmm blueberries

mmm spinach <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Eat more fruits and veggies.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pasta.

1|0
    0|0
  • Get natural. Eat fruits

1|0
    0|0
  • Try, sweet melon, bannana and dates.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hunger

0|0
    0|0
  • Beets i think

0|0
    0|0
  • Cocaine

0|0
    0|0
  • Banana

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Well, if you cut out all sugar you will need to eat other carbs like starches (potatos, noodles, rice, etc.), because cutting out carbs in general is not healthy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Agreed, I once went through an extreme carb cut diet and literally had brain function problems (forgetfulness, blank mind, etc)

• Show All
    • @Raajk1995 Don't take advice from so called nutritionists. Everyone can call themselves nutritionists, you don't need any official education to call yourself that. The real experts are registered dietitians.

• Yes I know I am asking any online website that can be trustful to learn

• Coffee! But if it’s not your cup of tea try green tea and a more balanced diet

1|0
    1|0
  • I know how you feel. I to am supposed to be cutting back on sugar & salt. It's tough but it's my health I'm watching out for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fruit. As natural as it gets just don’t over do it otherwise it can be as bad as artificial sugar :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Green vegetables, nuts, and eggs.

1|0
    0|0
  • A to z tablets.

1|0
    1|0
  • Bananas and carbs like pasta glucose

1|0
    0|0
  • Fruits..