Why am I turning into a lightweight?

i've usually been able to drink a few drinks and get decently drunk but not sick or hungover later.

recently i've noticed that i'm becoming more sensitive to alcohol and encountering problems most recently with one of my favourite kinds of alcohol, shochu (distilled clear spirits made from rice, barley, potato, etc).

i had maybe 9 shochu sours over the course of 4 hours and it ended badly. i'm actually kind of concerned because 6 months ago i was fine with 12 in 3 hours.

it's not due to dehydration or not eating beforehand. i also tried to drink a lot of water during to stay hydrated.

another pattern i've noticed over the last decade is that i seem to be developing an intolerance for european spirits and wine which has led me to try to avoid them.
  • it's because of stress
  • your body chemistry is changing
  • other
    Vote C
my father could always drink a lot. his favourites were vodka, rum and wine. he never got sick or hungover.

413

Most Helpful Guy

• have you been losing body weight?

cause the lighter you are the harder the liquor hits you. I remember when I was obese (around 215lb) I used to drink a liter of rum and get tipsy drunk and then recover by the next day. when i drop to the 190s in the other had I would of drank the same amount but this time I would get really hammered and it would of taken me at least 3 days to get over my hangovers

Most Helpful Girl

• That happens naturally as you age, and it’s not really a bad thing anyway.