How would you spend $500 for an entire month of groceries?

How would you specifically spend the money? We are trying to eat healthy.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Dry beans and grains, super cheap, very healthy, and you can make a whole lot of different foods with them as a base. Frozen vegetables, not canned (frozen stuff has better nutritional value due to how its harvested and stored). Bulk purchases of chicken. I feed myself and my girlfriend for less than $200 a month doing stuff like this. You can check out reddit. com/r/eatcheapandhealthy for lots of ideas too.

1|0
    0|0
    • Awesome thanks so much

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a lot of money for food. I'd definitely buy more vegetables and better meat. I'd buy milk and cheese from farmers, since they're better than the ones in the shops. I wouldn't buy anything "fancy", just regular foods with better quality

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Its a lot of money for groceries. There should be no problem. By fresh though. Healthier for sure. Better meat but maybe 5 times a week. Buy some nice veggies. You can do grear things with them. Steaming, throw them in a wok. Is that English? A Japenese big round pan to stirfry in I mean. Also watch what you drink. Loads of sugar in drinks you wouldn't expect them in.
    If you really want to get healthy, throw in some exercise as well. Good luck.

2|0
    0|0
  • Stretch it out.
    Coupons , markdowns ,2 for 1 ,4 for 10 deals , things like that always help.

1|0
    0|0
  • Rice, fish, and eggs as your base for carbs and protein. Spice it up as much as possible and get vitamins for anything you are missing. If you have lunch at work and don't want to look as broke peanut butter and jelly and/or dollor store heatable meals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken, eggs, Whey, Brown rice, broccoli, kale, spinach, hot sauce, peanut butter, olive oil, coffee. That would be the plan but cheats happen and I would allocate the rest of the money for the cheats.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rice, beans and salsa... I ate that for years when I when I was broke.
    You can buy a 10lb bag of rice from Walmart for $8 and a 2 lb bag of beans... That's a complete protein. Salsa is just for taste and consistency.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rice and fish, you can doll it up with spices and stuff but you can make you money last a great deal with it. Plus you can cook it a million ways. I lost 20 pounds in boot camp off of rice and fish, so it had to be somewhat healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • Meat market/butcher amd fill deep freezer really makes money stretch. Also if there are cattle farmers in your area sometimes you can buy directly from them when they send cows to slaughter

0|0
    0|0
  • I would get some bread butter and eggs some canned vegetables and some meat some drinks and some box sides and a few snacks

0|0
    0|0
  • I would try not spending no more than $125.00 per week.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends all on your goals. Healthy is such a generic term. Just add any vegetable to an existing diet will make you more healthy. Personally I mean prep my lunches with 6lb of chicken I cook all on Sunday for my lunches with broccoli. Fish and Turkey (ground) with baked asparagus for dinners. Mix in bananas, almond butter, eggs, and Greek yogurt for snacks/breakfast. Avocados are good if you can find them for less than a dollar each. Salt your meats, eating no processed foods will decrease your sodium. If you start to get light headed more, add more salt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Without a doubt I would definitely go to Sam's Club

0|0
    0|0
  • Ramen

0|0
    0|0
  • CHOCOLATE!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • well there is 31days for the food to last for lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm able to get by with _75 worth of groceries every month
    $500 is too much... with that kind of money It'll be a buffet in my kitchen

0|0
    0|0
  • Country it depends of America or canida America just do extreme couponing and you get it cheep Canada don’t think u can do that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• That’s about $125 a week... I’m sure you could buy a decent amount of weekly groceries on that budget?

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • USA (where I live) a single person should budget about $5 a meal so 3 meals a day 7 days a week would be $105. Bulk and cheeper stuff would bring that down though.

• @Synttacks its cheapish depends market

• That's not even a challenge you're gonna be well fed lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Much more

0|0
    0|0
  • Nutella.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes