How would you spend $500 for an entire month of groceries?

How would you specifically spend the money? We are trying to eat healthy.

517

Most Helpful Guy

• Dry beans and grains, super cheap, very healthy, and you can make a whole lot of different foods with them as a base. Frozen vegetables, not canned (frozen stuff has better nutritional value due to how its harvested and stored). Bulk purchases of chicken. I feed myself and my girlfriend for less than $200 a month doing stuff like this. You can check out reddit. com/r/eatcheapandhealthy for lots of ideas too.

• Awesome thanks so much

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a lot of money for food. I'd definitely buy more vegetables and better meat. I'd buy milk and cheese from farmers, since they're better than the ones in the shops. I wouldn't buy anything "fancy", just regular foods with better quality