Is it ethical to eat meat?

We are consuming so many primary/secondary consumers, when it is obviously more efficient for our environment to become herbivores ourselves.

Then there's the emotional reason within us that shows that killing an organism is inhumane.

Are our emotional decisions always congruent with ethical decisions though? Do you think that eating meat is ethical?

68

Most Helpful Girl

• While I do feel that eating meat is natural I do think most of us eat a disgustingly large amount of meat and that because of such a large demand the animals we raise for salughter have a horrible life from beginning to end. Looking back at old fashion farms, many farms/families really cared about their livestock and had respect for the animal and its life, almost like a pet, before it became a meal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is ethical.
    Yes it becomes unethical when i expect to get 100g of any meat for Like 2 bucks or something.
    It can be very ethical to get your meat from a local bucher who gets His meat from a local Provider.
    Also, for people Like me with an insanely Low blood preasure, i have to eat Red meat.

It can (Not has to) be unethical to eat veggi. If its Not regional.
    Like the Carbon Footprint one creates when He wants to eat soy. Or has to Drink Something besides cowmilk (talking bananamilk and cocunut)