Is a roast meal a popular/often occurrence where you are from? Say where you’re from too?

I won’t go into the details of the roast as many here don’t know the joy of a Yorkshire pudding...

a “Sunday dinner” in England is a roast meal. It’s often a weekly thing especially in the winter.

I know around the world roasts are done (thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) but is it a regular thing?
  • Is a roast meal a popular/often occurrence where you are from? Say where you’re from too!?Yes
  • Is a roast meal a popular/often occurrence where you are from? Say where you’re from too!?No

2222

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes here in Canada we would have a roast beef with hot gravy & hot horse radish (or sometimes pork or lamb) at least once a week along with roasted potatoes & a couple of other vegetables. You don't often hear the term Yorkshire pudding here as they are commonly referred to as popovers and yes we love them filled with hot gravy.

• Wow! I’m amazed someone knew what a York pud was!

Are they made the same? And yes, roasts here are chicken/beef/pork/lamb traditionally. In my household not the lamb because I don’t eat it - I do lamb chops and a chicken breast for me. Plus I’m shit at cooking lamb.

• You would love the uk young sir

• I've always wanted to visit the UK, my grandparents on my Dad's side came from England and my grandparents on my Mom's side came from Ireland.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think I've ever had roast. I don't really like meat that much. I don't know if Finns have roast generally, but in our family we only roasted turkey for Christmas and I've never even had that.

• Yes my gma tries to cook roast like 1 Sunday every few months. But for this month i talked her into doing it tomorrow on Saturday lol