Is a roast meal a popular/often occurrence where you are from? Say where you’re from too?

I won’t go into the details of the roast as many here don’t know the joy of a Yorkshire pudding...

a “Sunday dinner” in England is a roast meal. It’s often a weekly thing especially in the winter.

I know around the world roasts are done (thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) but is it a regular thing?
  • Is a roast meal a popular/often occurrence where you are from? Say where you’re from too!?Yes
    Vote A
  • Is a roast meal a popular/often occurrence where you are from? Say where you’re from too!?No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes here in Canada we would have a roast beef with hot gravy & hot horse radish (or sometimes pork or lamb) at least once a week along with roasted potatoes & a couple of other vegetables. You don't often hear the term Yorkshire pudding here as they are commonly referred to as popovers and yes we love them filled with hot gravy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow! I’m amazed someone knew what a York pud was!

Are they made the same? And yes, roasts here are chicken/beef/pork/lamb traditionally. In my household not the lamb because I don’t eat it - I do lamb chops and a chicken breast for me. Plus I’m shit at cooking lamb.

• Show All
    • You would love the uk young sir

• I've always wanted to visit the UK, my grandparents on my Dad's side came from England and my grandparents on my Mom's side came from Ireland.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think I've ever had roast. I don't really like meat that much. I don't know if Finns have roast generally, but in our family we only roasted turkey for Christmas and I've never even had that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes my gma tries to cook roast like 1 Sunday every few months. But for this month i talked her into doing it tomorrow on Saturday lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Sunday dinner!

I demand more Yorkshire puddings in my life!!! Aaaarrrgggghhbbbbhhbsjsnsbsksbssbsjsbjs - sorry, the thought of Yorkshire puddings loaded with mash, roast potatoes (cooked in flour and goose fat), buttered peas, mashed swede and carrots, cabbage, beef and topped with gravy. . . *gutteral growl*

0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up all over New England.. we had "boiled dinners" somewhat regularly. Usually a ham or corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, etc. I noticed that my generation hasn't quite maintained it though. It was far more common 20+ years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • India, Kerala
    Roast beef is damn popular every restaurant sells it, and there are others like duck, quail, etc which are available in most restaurants

0|0
    1|0
    • I thought beef and pork weren’t traditional in India? I thought beef was sacred and pork dirty (I may have completely mixed up religions though)

• Mostly just special occasions because it is usually a lot of work to include all the other dishes that go with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • But damn that meat ain't cooked I would give it even odds for walking off the plate

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, occasional sundays. Sometimes I just do one myself. It's a doper loper meal. UK.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope its not a regular thing where i am from, and im from pakistan

by the way that food looks pretty tempting in the pic

0|0
    0|0
  • I like roast meals. Would prefer them.
    Sundays I usualy go out and eat since im single and hate cooking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah same roast here as well mainly lamb and pork but (no pudding but thats a English thing haha we do potato bake or creamy cheese colly

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I know the Yorkshire pud is an English things.

Traditionally a roast is a meat (chicken/turkey/beef/pork/lamb) roast potatoes, parsnips, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, bread sauce (if poultry), veg (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, any type of veg really). Can have cheese sauce.

By potato bake do you mean potato dauphinois?

We generally have chicken or beef but that’s because I don’t eat lamb and I’m crap at cooking pork properly. Plus as a family we prefer chicken and beef.

• Show All
    • Yeah that’s potato dauphinois. It’s sliced potato in a cream sauce. Some add herbs.

• Yes and its a crowd puller with mine lol. pork and lamb roast is easy

• yes l like it and l am from scotland but l prefer chicken curry and rice and nan bread and drink iron bru lol

0|0
    0|0
    • But not the new stuff right?

Not a wee yin of whisky?

• Show All
    • Fair play dude. And also, kudos for not hating me for being English! I love Scots and welsh but deep accents I cannot understand. Like a really thick Glaswegian accent I just cannot understand!

Scotland is beautiful though. Not a fan of haggis but otherwise, we’re all good 😂

• l never use the word hate l will use it since you did first l hate no one l dont care where any one comes from l love every one how can l not like some one as they are English l see a person as a human we all have red blood and know what pain is l talk with every one people need to grow up and take there blinkers of we are on this earth for a very short time so lets be nice to each other from the heart edwin the very normal guy

• The kind of Roast that is Sunday dinners on the holidays

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I roast my brother at dinner.

0|1
    1|0
  • Only on like Christmas or Thanksgiving

0|0
    0|0
  • No you lucky bastard 😭😭😭

0|0
    0|0
  • Leeds, England

0|0
    0|0
  • Illinois, US

0|0
    0|0
  • Every single holiday. In Moldova

0|0
    0|0
  • More of a holiday thing, from oregon

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean pot roast dinner but not a roast dinner.

0|0
    0|0
    • Pot roast isn’t the same as a proper roast

• Show All
    • I'll just order it on Amazon. Lmao. Jk

• That way I wouldn't have to fly to it. It would fly to me.

• Not really, and I'm not very keen on it anyway. I do love yorkshire puddings though

0|0
    0|0
  • Very hard to avoid in the British Isles but I refuse to vote for it. To be avoided.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• Maybe a roast a few times a year usually holidays or long weekends in the winter.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s a pretty regular occurrence for me, but my dad is English! I’m from Australia.
    Love a good Yorkshire pudding 👍

0|0
    0|0
  • At least a few times a month here in the US for me. Especially in the winter.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was born and raised n the UK, so yes. However since moving to Canada, they only have it on special occasions

0|0
    0|0
  • not for my family. it's a special occasion sort of meal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bulgaria, and yes we use the oven often

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes because I'm in the UK too! :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Sunday dinner! I’m from Lancashire so yep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I'm from Greece.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I’m from the US.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes as I'm from the same country as u haha

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not popular here in Turkey.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|0
    0|0
    • Such an in-depth and full answer. Thank you.

• Show All
    • We add all the stuff too but not all the time.

• I’m still concerned lol. A roast is a sacred thing here 😂

• Yes, hearty meal trumps a salad

0|0
    0|0
  • Roast is a common meal here in Canada.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in Costa Rica a roast is not that common

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.
    Dominican Republic.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my home, yes.

0|0
    0|0