Do you think that chicken actually kind of, sucks?

I have been away from home for a few days, being deprived of the luxury of making my own meals.
In the process, I have realized that the number of times I have had chicken in the past 2 years I could probably count on one of my hands.

And I just realized why.
Chicken kind of, just sucks.
It has the taste and texture of wood shavings, it is horrifically lacking of the sweet moisture, oiliness and flavorful fatty marbling that you come to love the other meats for.

And, even if you manage to craft something palatable out of it, you will realize it just came down to all the other ingredients trying their best to mask the chicken's sad existence on your plate, by providing the flavor and textures that the chicken doesn't.
Chicken just feels like punishment to consume.

However, I have noticed that some culinary cultures (particularly the states) are really fond of their chicken and other poultry, and I just don't understand why.

So...
Do you like chicken?
  • Yes, I don't really like chicken meat.
  • Nah, chicken is awesome.
  • I only like certain parts of the chicken. (breast, legs, wings)
    Vote C
  • I'm a veggiesaurus.
    Vote D
Heathens, all of you.

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey! You take that back!!

"even if you manage to craft something palatable out of it, you will realize it just came down to all the other ingredients trying their best to mask the chicken's sad existence on your plate"
    That's how I feel about pasta, actually.

• Yeah, pasta is really just a bland sauce carrier.
      ((( kind of like rice )))

Most Helpful Guy