Do you think that chicken actually kind of, sucks?

Do you think that chicken actually kind of, sucks?
I have been away from home for a few days, being deprived of the luxury of making my own meals.
In the process, I have realized that the number of times I have had chicken in the past 2 years I could probably count on one of my hands.

And I just realized why.
Chicken kind of, just sucks.
It has the taste and texture of wood shavings, it is horrifically lacking of the sweet moisture, oiliness and flavorful fatty marbling that you come to love the other meats for.

And, even if you manage to craft something palatable out of it, you will realize it just came down to all the other ingredients trying their best to mask the chicken's sad existence on your plate, by providing the flavor and textures that the chicken doesn't.
Chicken just feels like punishment to consume.

However, I have noticed that some culinary cultures (particularly the states) are really fond of their chicken and other poultry, and I just don't understand why.

So...
Do you like chicken?
  • Yes, I don't really like chicken meat.
    Vote A
  • Nah, chicken is awesome.
    Vote B
  • I only like certain parts of the chicken. (breast, legs, wings)
    Vote C
  • I'm a veggiesaurus.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Heathens, all of you.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey! You take that back!!

"even if you manage to craft something palatable out of it, you will realize it just came down to all the other ingredients trying their best to mask the chicken's sad existence on your plate"
    That's how I feel about pasta, actually.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, pasta is really just a bland sauce carrier.
      ((( kind of like rice )))

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Sounds like you don’t know how to cook chicken to me.

1|3
    0|0
    • But doesn't that mean that chicken is bland and sucky by its own and that you have to enhance it with actual flavors, as I have mentioned?

• It means that you always overcook it.

• it sounds like you eat dry as hell chicken

whomever is cooking your chicken does not know how one cooks chicken

0|1
    0|0
    • I made chicken parmigiana once, omg it was amazing

although chicken can be super dry, just like steak can be tough if it's overcooked

• Chicken is delicious you just don't know where to buy it and how to cook it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Chicken is awesome I dislike fish and seafood thought 🤮

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like your not cooking it right. Well prepared chicken is the best, not to mention, healthier than beef or pig.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• You're fairly spot on. We've bred flavor out of both pork and chicken... so you'll have to enhance those flavors with other things.

Key is to not overcook chicken. 151 is actually safe, but much lower than the recommended 165+

0|1
    0|0
  • I abaolutely love everything about chicken what you hate. That's funny

0|1
    1|0
  • I love chicken, man. Chicken and lamb are two favorite meats. If you find either to be lacking moisture and texture, then there is a problem with how you're cooking it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Chicken is fuckin' amazing, you soft cock!

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes