Growing up, what was most frequently served at home?

Did you inherit your eating habits from your parents?
  • Home-cooked meals
  • Convenience food
  • Takeaway
    Vote C
  • Restaurant
    Vote D

1020

Most Helpful Guys

• Almost exclusively home-cooked meals. During the week, my siblings and I would always come home from school and my mom would cook lunch. She became really good at knowing when exactly we'd get home and would have everything ready to eat.
    Weekday dinners were usually small and consisted mostly of cold food such as bread, cheese, ham etc. When I got older, I sometimes prepared my own dinners.
    On the weekends, my mom and my dad usually shared the cooking. On Saturday my mom would cook and on Sunday my dad (or vice versa). Weekend dinners were usually more fancy.

Eating out at a restaurant would only happen very, very rarely. Maybe two or three times a year. There were several reasons for this. First of all, eating out in Switzerland is very expensive, as I'm sure you'd agree. Secondly, eating out with 3 kids (5 people) is gonna cost you a lot of money. This can be difficult even if you earn well. And last but least, my parents preferred to save their money for other things. Most importantly, they saved money to go on big family vacations with us.

Junkfood or fast food is something we never ate. I can't remember a single time that I went to a fast food place with one of my parents. It wasn't forbidden or anything like that, my parents just didn't feel like it was a good idea to go there. Nowadays I'm very glad about that. This way, I've never developed much of a liking for fast food. The most junk foodish we would do is order some delivery pizzas a few times a year.

• Never? Not even when you went on a roadtrip and wanted to grab something on the way? Wow, I mean even little Prince William and Harry knew what McDonald's tasted like!

• My parents usually took food along in those cases. My mom would make sandwiches and my dad would pack some fruits.
      I think the first time I went to McDonald's I was around 17, with some friends after a party. In the beginning I used to like it but after a few times of going there, McDonald's food would give me terrible diarrhea every single time I ate it. So I concluded it can't be good for me if my body reacts that badly and I stopped going. I actually like burgers a lot but I'd rather have one that's a little more... "upscale" I guess.

• Okay so rice and ground beef is not located on your list. And I'm not talking about seasoned rice or anything like that no plain white rice playing ground beef. That is the most fit thing in my home when I was little. Yes I was poor.

Most Helpful Girls

• My mom was a stay-at-home kitchen guru while my dad was a weekend barbecue master. They stuffed me and my brothers with delicious home-cooked meals almost everyday. Now, I love cooking while my fiance enjoys outdoor grilling.

• Home cooked meals! I loved it and prefer it. She's terrific at cooking, even my friends used to give me their tiffin because they love my mum's food so much that they used to finish my food without letting me have more than a bite, lol

• You're a saint! I would have punched them for eating MY food!

• Lol, I can't do that. It used to make me feel like I'm gonna cry because I loved her food, others meals didn't really taste delicious. So, I used to eat a small quantity.
      I don't know why I can't say no if someone wants to have my meal.. Even if I'm supet hungry lol

I wish I was like you!