• No
    Vote B
  • Other (comment)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not necessarily. Some people like a beer or glass of wine etc when they're chilling out after a long stressful day at work. Drinking alone is only sad , and becomes an issue if the person is using alcohol to drown out their sorrows. But like they say "no one drinks alone" because when alcohol is a "clutch" , their demons, memories and pain comes flooding back when under the influence of alcohol. It doesn't really numb their pain

0|0
    0|0
  • I think going out to a bar or a pub and drinking alone can be a good way to meet people, and sometimes, if you live alone or something it is unavoidable.

I think it's a sliding scale, having a drink because you like the taste, rather than drinking to get drunk for example. Or having a glass of wine with your dinner rather than getting two bottles down on your living room floor.

I've known three alcoholics in my life so far, and all of them would drink alone, and that was sad- but I'm talking drinking a whole bottle of baileys and falling asleep in your own vomit and spending the money "you don't have" on booze. It's all about what, how often, and for what reason.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I feel that the polls won't be so accurate for this one since most people vote depending on their current at the moment mood, like if you are drinking alone often in your own place it's fine beer and a show or wine and movies or something but if your thinking about other people in your life it could get sad, other people's opinions don't matter on this, I go out alone all the time and drink and head back I dance in front of other people and don't care what they think, I'm also a good dancer but yeah, it would be awesome if I had more friends in the area but I just moved to the place I'm at, and maybe I'll meet someone but no it's not sad to drink alone, it's only sad when you question yourself for doing it and for being alone then you deeply delve into your own self and wonder where you went wrong or what direction to go forwards to you just reach a cross roads, so move forward pick one of your "secret life choices" or all that stuff your "searching for and such" but I drink alone all the time it's not sad to since your single or something and you like a good drink like Craft beers like if you feel sad about drinking alone add some flavor to it get some new IPAs or craft beers or wines and do like really lame self "flights" like a few ounces in each glass, and laugh about how your more sophisticated and lame cause it's saterical or something switch up your drink and don't feel so sad, like I got hundreds of these things like comments options for every situations, or just go often talk to the bartenders get a few free ones along the line not sad free beer, no couples get free beers often lol, so it's sad and probably one source of hilarious shit you can't tell people from seeing or hearing while alone, so it all depends on yourself and your audience that could think it's sad, if some girl sad it or some lame ass dude that you thought were cool or something those people are like mad lonely surrounded by people, ever hear a convo when your not around, like lots of people in a great lite talk well of you behind there backs and you can tell by tone of voice who really feels that way and such, but yeah I'm ranting lol, sorry comma the second period, sorry for run on...

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink alone all the time. Sometimes when it's nice out, I'll go for a hike and pack a few beers and have some earphones for my music. Nothing beats a cold beer on a hike with some music playing. If I'm at home and gaming or watching a show, I'll have a bottle of red wine. The company of others is overrated.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Not at all, but you'll always be bothered by this one person or the other belonging to a particular category (most likely those who love to gossip) who would unnecessarily assume you're sad (even without any visible signs or gestures from your side) and they'd feel sorry for you, they'd feel pity for you & assume automatically it's their job to make you happy (remember, you were not even upset) 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so. I personally think drinking should be something you do socially. It is a social activity. Getting liquored up alone is sad. Most likely means they are going through a hard time and are trying to numb the pain

0|0
    0|0
  • God, I hope not 😂
    I definitely don’t want to be seen as “that person” who drinks alone 😣

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t say sad. I can understand how a drink after a hard and long day at work can help a person feel better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the only persons I know who drink alone are depressed or even depressive, so I think it is

0|1
    0|0
  • No not at all I do it all the time. I prefer my own company.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's only sad if the reason you are drinking is because you are already sad about something

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you're drinking because you're sad.

0|3
    0|0
  • Not at all

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's not sad

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are sad than it is sad

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but it looks sad to see someone in a bar drinking alone.

3|1
    0|0
    • Why is that?

• When I see an individual drinking alone in a bar, it makes me think that person doesn't have a friend to share the moment with. If that person does have friends but chose to drink alone, maybe she or he is somehow hurting. I believe if someone is happy and wants to celebrate with a drink or more, they'd want company to celebrate with.

• Well i can admit. Sometimes i wish i can be in peace and drink alone... but most of the time when a guy is alone drinking at a bar, he probably has a lot of stress or sadness inside him. I guess it could be a bunch of things

What Guys Said 25

• Everybody works differently some people like to drink up a loan others like being accompanied by somebody they Trust... I personally like smoking alone so I could just read evaluate my life and I'm high I see things in a different perspective so it helps but if I haven't not to be alone the person I'm with someone I a trust

1|0
    0|0
  • My father was an alcoholic.

When I was about 14 and all my friends started drinking I refused to join them because I was scared I was going to turn into something horrible like him. But my friends slowly convinced me into trying it little bit more each time. I now enjoy drinking and do it fairly regularly, but I will never drink alone.

If I were to drink alone. That would be a serious drink that I wouldn't get to have fun with.

0|0
    0|0
  • While in younger years not so much. Although as you grow older I am sure you will come to understand just as I have drinking alone sucks, and is better done with someone and/or others for real enjoyment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I go to the pub and drink alone. It's a great way to relax.

0|1
    0|0
  • Going out alone is a nice way to get away from the stress of the home life in my opinion. Good way to just relax and spend some much needed quality time with yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need an option for 'im drinking alone right now.'

I work odd hours. My weekend is often when others are going back to work.

You get used to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its absolutely not sad to drink on your own i do it all the time i even treat myself to a meal out 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's the right way to drink. What's the point of drinking if you're not alone?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. I have drank alone because I was sad, others because I just felt like drinking alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have a cat or a dog? Fish? If so, you aren't drinking alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I drink alone often. But I guess it also depends on why your drinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • I fear I annoy people when I’m drunk. So I drink alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, i think no one knows about your feelings after drinking lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope
    Makes me focud

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the context.

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s the best way to drink for me

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nost people drink alone

0|0
    0|0
  • It's sad to drink (until drunkenness) at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if you enjoy it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. Enjoy taste of every drop

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless it's just a beer or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's home alone yeah