Is it sad to drink alone?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (comment)
    Vote C

1627

Most Helpful Girls

• Not necessarily. Some people like a beer or glass of wine etc when they're chilling out after a long stressful day at work. Drinking alone is only sad , and becomes an issue if the person is using alcohol to drown out their sorrows. But like they say "no one drinks alone" because when alcohol is a "clutch" , their demons, memories and pain comes flooding back when under the influence of alcohol. It doesn't really numb their pain

• I think going out to a bar or a pub and drinking alone can be a good way to meet people, and sometimes, if you live alone or something it is unavoidable.

I think it's a sliding scale, having a drink because you like the taste, rather than drinking to get drunk for example. Or having a glass of wine with your dinner rather than getting two bottles down on your living room floor.

I've known three alcoholics in my life so far, and all of them would drink alone, and that was sad- but I'm talking drinking a whole bottle of baileys and falling asleep in your own vomit and spending the money "you don't have" on booze. It's all about what, how often, and for what reason.

Most Helpful Guys

• I feel that the polls won't be so accurate for this one since most people vote depending on their current at the moment mood, like if you are drinking alone often in your own place it's fine beer and a show or wine and movies or something but if your thinking about other people in your life it could get sad, other people's opinions don't matter on this, I go out alone all the time and drink and head back I dance in front of other people and don't care what they think, I'm also a good dancer but yeah, it would be awesome if I had more friends in the area but I just moved to the place I'm at, and maybe I'll meet someone but no it's not sad to drink alone, it's only sad when you question yourself for doing it and for being alone then you deeply delve into your own self and wonder where you went wrong or what direction to go forwards to you just reach a cross roads, so move forward pick one of your "secret life choices" or all that stuff your "searching for and such" but I drink alone all the time it's not sad to since your single or something and you like a good drink like Craft beers like if you feel sad about drinking alone add some flavor to it get some new IPAs or craft beers or wines and do like really lame self "flights" like a few ounces in each glass, and laugh about how your more sophisticated and lame cause it's saterical or something switch up your drink and don't feel so sad, like I got hundreds of these things like comments options for every situations, or just go often talk to the bartenders get a few free ones along the line not sad free beer, no couples get free beers often lol, so it's sad and probably one source of hilarious shit you can't tell people from seeing or hearing while alone, so it all depends on yourself and your audience that could think it's sad, if some girl sad it or some lame ass dude that you thought were cool or something those people are like mad lonely surrounded by people, ever hear a convo when your not around, like lots of people in a great lite talk well of you behind there backs and you can tell by tone of voice who really feels that way and such, but yeah I'm ranting lol, sorry comma the second period, sorry for run on...

• I drink alone all the time. Sometimes when it's nice out, I'll go for a hike and pack a few beers and have some earphones for my music. Nothing beats a cold beer on a hike with some music playing. If I'm at home and gaming or watching a show, I'll have a bottle of red wine. The company of others is overrated.