Is 700 calories enough?

I’ve had a mini bag of takis, which was 140 cals... a rice cup, for 190 cals... and I was an idiot and ate a lunchable for 370...
I wouldn’t have eating the rice if I didn’t have to. I haven’t exercised at all. I’m fat and I need to lose weight. It’s not starving unless I’m hungry or burning calories which I’m not and 700 is a good number for now. My info:
Highest weight: 143lbs
Current weight - 109lbs
Age-15
Height-5’0

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly terrible calorie distribution. You want a BALANCED diet. Not one that'll starve you to death and ruin your growth. You're 15. Don't worry too much about calories, instead eat healthy and exercise. Vegetables, fruits, and meats is the way to go. Carbs can be found in almost everything so just make sure you don't overdose.

0|0
    0|0
    • But this made me lose weight already... it’s okay..

• Show All
    • I’ll be pretty when I lose weight

• Not if you do it the wrong way aka the way you're doing it now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, so, you have eaten a lot of carbs, a lot of salt, and a lot of fat, and a tiny amount of processed protein.

700 is too much for a single meal most of the time. Most of us should eat 2000 a day, total with as much of that in protein as possible, and tons of low-starch vegetables.

I used to recommend the USDA Supertracker for help with diet and meal planning but President Trump is shutting it down. Look for a good phone app, maybe Weigh Watchers if your parents are willing to pay for the monthly membership in their site.

The most important thing you can do for your health is learn to cook with fresh, whole ingredients so you can control what goes into what you eat. Lunchables are high calorie for the volume of food, full of extra sodium and food additives to improve appearance and flavor. You'd be far better off eating slices of real chicken.

0|0
    0|0
    • But this makes me lose weight...

• Show All
    • Health doesn’t matter as long as I get skinny

• You will lose weight faster if you eat fewer carbs.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Enough for slowly starving yourself to death? Yeah, that's plenty. Enough to be healthy? Not even a little bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • You actually need to eat to lose fat, you have to keep your metabolism up and running. 1000- to 1200 calories a day is good, but they need to be good calories, as in not calories from McDonalds.

0|0
    0|0
    • But this is working so far...

• you also need to stay healthy... it will work for a time until your metabolism shuts down

• You must eat an average of 1500 calories to keep a healthy balance

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not enough. Gotta have at least 1000-1200 plus gotta have balanced diet. That's not balanced

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• You can still be starving yourself without experiencing hunger. You realistically shouldn't be eating below 1,200 calories unless you are 600 lbs. Also, 109 lbs is not considered overweight, look it up. You have an eating disorder.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not enough. If you eat less than 1200 calories, it just slows down your metabolism, there's no real benefit to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not starving yourself, but you do need to exercise, or your just goung ro slow down your metabolic rate

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You need around 2000.

0|0
    0|0
  • 700 calories is definitely not enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is definitely not enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I’m doing the same thing by only eating salad.
    Trying to get down to 118
    You’ll lose weight but it isn’t enough calories.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes