Is 500 calories enough for a small teen girl?

I posted something similar yesterday and got hate for it... here’s what I ate today:

Tuna - 62 calories
Crackers - 54 calories

I binged... and had beef stroganoff for 320 calories sadly..

A natural Carmel cube - 40 calories

For a snack I had a pickle because I was starving, that had 0 calories

Total calories today = 476

Did I eat enough? I don’t care about my health. I don’t care about anything. I just want to lose more weight. As long as it doesn’t kill me I don’t care.

Current weight is 108lbs and I’m 5’0 or 5’1 so I’m really small and I don’t need that many calories anyways. I’m also 15 and female and this is the only thing that works, it works fast too... I lost 4 pounds this weekend alone..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. its not enough. At 15 you are still growing somewhat and need more calories, not to mention you are already extreamly small. You already know the answer though. Otherwise you wouldn't have said "as long as it doesn't kill me". It's obviously not enough.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have anorexia. You might feel like the doctors don't understand you but you need to talk to them about this. If you eat only 500 calories a day you body will uses the energy in your muscles to work- this will decompose your muscles and cause permanent damage to your body. Losing 4 lbs in a weekend is absolutely TERRIBLE for your health. Your hair will start to fall out in clumps and your body will be extremely weak and you will cause permanent damage to your body if you do this for too long. 108lbs is EXTREMELY skinny. You NEED to tell you parents ASAP and get to a health professional or a nutritionist. Trust me. I was in a hospital of young teens who had eating disorders. You are laying down the exact definition of an eating disorder. People have died from eating this little. You can't do this to yourself.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Doing what you are currently for more than a few weeks will kill you. In average a girl your age and size should eat 950 to 1000 calories to lose weight (which isn't recommended) and near 1200 to 1300 to maintain a healthy weight and build natural muscle. You are not getting enough protein which will cause your immune system to weaken making you more susceptible to getting sick. Also you are likely to experience more headaches or migraines because of a lack of nutrients. Carbs are the most important part of a healthy diet. We get 70% of our energy from burning carbs (bread, pasta, etc.). You can eat whole grain breads and pastas tonne healthier, but at this rate your body will start failing you soon. At least consider drinking a protein shake in the afternoon before dinner to add 300 or so calories to your diet with some much needed protein that is used to rebuild damaged muscle. Also for the time being eating vitamin supplements to make sure you are getting enough nutrients. This is really dangerous what your doing and not needed. The average weight for a girl your age and size in roughly 115 to 130. At 115 you will still be fit and healthy without being overweight if that is your concern.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm a health and exercise science major with a minor in food science by the way. I work as a personal dietician

• This is worrying. You need more calories period. Just because you're short doesn't mean you can just live off of an extremely low amount of calories everyday. That's attracted weight as it is. Please, don't lose anymore weight. Trust me, most guys will agree with me. Even guys around my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please don't starve yourself.
    Men actually don't like skinny girls. It's difficult to get comfortable while cuddling and during sex it's actually painful to knock hip bones together

1|0
    0|0
    • That's actually your opinion, there's plenty of men out there who LOVE skinny girls.
      But I agree with the whole don't starve yourself.. You should care about your health.

• No there isn't. Little boys do. There's a very small niche of appropriately aged MEN who like it, it's not a common preference and 20+ those skinny women are often single.

Don't starve yourself to the point you stunt your growth and stay childlike body-wise. No man wants that because a) it shows you're mentally unstable b) we cop a lot of flakk from women for it, saying such men who date waifs are pedophiles

• That's not enough for anybody. The recommended daily caloric intake is 2,000.

2|0
    0|0
  • Ya the first whatever lbs are just gut fiber etc. Though at 500, you should be losing real weight too.

0|0
    1|1
  • There's less painful methods of suicide you know..

If you want to die, keep it up!

0|0
    0|0
  • No... 1200-1500 is enough for a small teen to sustain weight and not go anorexic.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's too small. You're body is developing you need way more

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not. And you are already skinny

0|0
    0|0
  • A HEALTHY diet, is based on 2000 calories a day. Good calories though, not bad ones, such as empty carbs like typically highly processed
    Have added chemicals and sugars
    Have added synthetic (not natural) vitamins and minerals after processing
    Can be toxic to the body – causing ill health and disease
    Often high in calories
    Often much higher in carbs (meaning they mess with your blood sugar)
    Found in most grocery store isles as packaged, processed foods

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• You have an eating disorder and I really hope there was a way for GaG admins to contact your parents, so they could get you treatment. But more than that, I hope you are just trolling to get attention and are not actually sick.

0|0
    0|0
  • You’ve already been told it’s not enough, why are you expecting anything different today.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stop eating that much. It will only hurt you in the end and kill you. You're losing weight to been seen as attractive well this will only push them away since people like others who are healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • You dont even weigh a lot..
    If you were starving then obviously no you didn't eat enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. You need about 1500-2000

1|0
    0|0
  • No. The minimum is like 1200 calories a day.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, this is not a healthy diet at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2000 calories girl. It's way to little.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not enough. Eat healthy and exercise.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes