Would you eat a familiar food if it was an unusual color?

If someone gave you a food you liked that had been dyed (without changing the flavor) to be a very different color than normal (like if a pizza had somehow been dyed neon green), would you still happily eat it?

The pic is of scrambled eggs by the way, not meth.Would you eat a familiar food if it was an unusual color?
  • Yes
  • I would, but I wouldn't enjoy it
  • No
    Vote C
  • Only some colors
    Vote D

112

Most Helpful Girl

• If I knew that there was nothing wrong with the food, I’d try it. I don’t see a point of dying food though, besides baking.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it’s dangerous. The FDA only approves food coloring for use in tiny amounts. There’s been cases of people who died from too much food coloring. The case I read about was where nursing home workers thought it would be a good idea to color all the food blue so they could tell when someone was coughing up/choking easier. Several people died right away.