How many G@G users are vegan/vegetarian?

It’s been a year so far since I transitioned into the vegan lifestyle. I’m very proud to have stuck with it this far & I don’t plan on backsliding. I was just curious to know if there were any like-minded individuals on this site. We can share tips, recipes, etc! 🙌🏻💚

P. S. I don’t mind that there are omnivorous peeps on here. Just please refrain from trolling my posts with pics of meat or animals dying. Let’s focus on positivity instead of negativity!

213

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm vegan. I grew up eating meat but my mom was vegetarian and I think I just changed to vegetarianism to impress her when I was 5 or something, lol.

I care about animal welfare so it just seemed natural to stick with it as I grew older. Within the past few years with the rise of vegan bodybuilding, I transitioned to a vegan diet and I'm big on fitness and bodybuilding. I've put on a lot of muscle as a vegan, meat most definitely isn't needed for bodybuilding despite what some people like to say.

I like the taste of meat, but I feel a lot cleaner on a vegan diet, it's part of who I am. One of my horses was going to be killed for dog meat when I bought him, really saddens me. But anyways...

• I’m sorry to hear that about your horse...😢

It always bugged me how people can care for pets yet not for farm animals. I grew up in a small town where hunting was the norm. But it always disturbed me seeing the deer carcasses hanging in trees. I was just scared to tell my family for awhile. I felt like I was being ungrateful & such, so I just waited till I lived on my own.

• It's alright, he's all fine now! I can understand that, it is quite a difficult topic.

• Oh that’s good!

Thanks for understanding. 🙏🏻

Most Helpful Girl