How many G@G users are vegan/vegetarian?

It’s been a year so far since I transitioned into the vegan lifestyle. I’m very proud to have stuck with it this far & I don’t plan on backsliding. I was just curious to know if there were any like-minded individuals on this site. We can share tips, recipes, etc! 🙌🏻💚

P. S. I don’t mind that there are omnivorous peeps on here. Just please refrain from trolling my posts with pics of meat or animals dying. Let’s focus on positivity instead of negativity!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm vegan. I grew up eating meat but my mom was vegetarian and I think I just changed to vegetarianism to impress her when I was 5 or something, lol.

I care about animal welfare so it just seemed natural to stick with it as I grew older. Within the past few years with the rise of vegan bodybuilding, I transitioned to a vegan diet and I'm big on fitness and bodybuilding. I've put on a lot of muscle as a vegan, meat most definitely isn't needed for bodybuilding despite what some people like to say.

I like the taste of meat, but I feel a lot cleaner on a vegan diet, it's part of who I am. One of my horses was going to be killed for dog meat when I bought him, really saddens me. But anyways...

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m sorry to hear that about your horse...😢

It always bugged me how people can care for pets yet not for farm animals. I grew up in a small town where hunting was the norm. But it always disturbed me seeing the deer carcasses hanging in trees. I was just scared to tell my family for awhile. I felt like I was being ungrateful & such, so I just waited till I lived on my own.

• It's alright, he's all fine now! I can understand that, it is quite a difficult topic.

• Oh that’s good!

Thanks for understanding. 🙏🏻

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I'm not, but my youngest brother became a vegan a couple of years ago when he moved in with his now-wife & her sister. It's not my cup of tea, but who is anyone to judge what others put to their bodies?

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly! As long as it’s not a harmful substance, then it’s really just personal choices.

Like if it benefits his health & mood, yayyy! If not, he can always switch back.

• Show All
    • That’s just annoying. I’m sorry she’s a Hitler Vegan...☹️

• Giving us chill plant-based dieters a bad rep! 🙄

• ALMOST a vegetarian. If people put a meat dish in front of me, I’ll eat it, but I never seek it out. Not concerend with ‘vegan’ actually.

1|0
    1|0
    • I’ve learned that wait staff don’t actually mind as much if someone has dietary issues.

I used to feel really guilty & bothersome to order in a picky way. But many have always been really nice & reassuring. I guess mostly because I’m never rude when ordering.

Which I work as a waitress too, so I understand how not to talk to servers. If a mistake happens, I’ll eat what’s given to me too. Rarely ever will I send stuff back.

• I've been vegetarian for 30 + years now, as has my wife.

1|0
    0|0
    • Awesome! 🙌🏻

• Show All
    • Good for you. If you want recipes or anything feel free. We eat a lot of Indian and Mexican foods

• 🤤 Yum!

I made enchiladas & sangria the other night! Thug Kitchen is one of my fave cookbooks.

• I'm a dying animal. You're too. We're all dying and we're all animals so? That's my troll. You are my troll.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even have the willpower to cut out unhealthy stuff, there's no way I could handle a vegan diet 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • I still eat junk food. I mentioned in a reply to someone else. My diet is 90% healthy & 10% snacking/cheat days.

I wouldn’t be able to go full, healthy beast mode vegan. Props to the peeps who can! They have rockin’ bods & such. But I’m not vegan to be skinny.

🍟 & 🍦 are my fave cheat treats! Ben & Jerry’s has really yummy nondairy desserts.

• Not me.

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s ok. I’m not gonna preach & shame you for it.

I may not agree with it, but it’s a personal choice. Same as how I’m atheist & I don’t make it my business to tell Christians what’s what.

• I am vega

1|0
    0|0
  • veggie for 36 years

1|0
    0|0
    • Great work! 👍🏻

• Show All
    • That makes sense. 🙂

• cool so it wasn't a dig but now you see im not in it for statements like 'good work'

• Here i am!

1|0
    0|0
  • I am a vegetarian

1|0
    0|0
  • Eating grass is not a choice for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Not me. With my love for meat and beer, I'll probably expire from ass cancer one of these days.

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s possible to eat meat & still be healthy. You just gotta proportion your meals correctly. Save junky stuff as a treat or cheat day thing.

I still eat junk food being a vegan. 10% of my diet is snacking & the 90% is healthy stuff.

• Show All
    • It started out as just being a temporary diet for my health. Then I loved the results & how I felt so much that I never stopped.

Researching also put too much on my conscience to backslide as well.

Thanks! ✌🏻

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes