Do You Drink As Much Water As You Should?

Do You Drink As Much Water As You Should?

2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep bit only actually started paying real attention to these kind of things a couple of months ago. Eat more regularly in smaller portions, drink plenty, do some exercise (nothing to crazy or exhausting) and it's made a big change already. Now if I could it get my insomnia under control I'd be a new man :) LOL
    But yes do make sure you drink enough. Just carry around a coke bottle or something. The size you get from a vending machine. 500ml or so. Drink it and keep filling it with water all day. You'll be amazed how easy it is to drink the required amount.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I can get through 2 bottles a day, so according to charts, I'm about 4 cups shy of the daily recommendation. I do from time to time commit to getting the actual number but it is so distracting to your day always having to go to the bathroom.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 153

• I quit drinking water as much as I use to honestly, after I found out it has fluoride in it so no I dont

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think all water does. Some companies have bottled water with fluoride but most don't. And you can but a filter and filter your water

• Show All
    • Thanks so much! I didn't even know that😂🤔

• Haha anytime!

• No. I don't drink or rarely drink water here. Ever since I came back from BC where I was on my uncle's property and their plumbing was connected to glacier water, I could taste a significant difference in the water here in Ontario. It's shit. They kill all the minerals with the fluoride and there's crap in it as well. Sadly we have to use fluoride to kill the bacteria in it, because that's the state of world right now. I'll use it to cook food, but other than that no.

1|0
    0|0
    • Get a good water filter or reverse osmosis.

• Show All
    • You complained about fluoride. So why not get a water filter or a reverse osmosis? It's a simple question.

• I complained about the taste of the water and that all the minerals that are killed before you even get the water at your tap. And I used to have an ozonated water filtration system.

• The recommended water intake per day includes all water in foods that we eat and water in other beverages such as coffee or tea.

1|1
    0|0
    • Exactly.

Funny how people who chain smoke and drink vodka like a fish are all experts on healthy living & telling others to drink more water.

• @hahahmm I have an ex-wife who loved going to the health food store and taking advice from teenagers and she refused to listen to her physicians. She tried to tell me how to live a healthy life. I am 63 years old, never been hospitalized, and take no prescription medications. She has been hospitalized numerous times and has a terminal condition called ugliness of the soul.

• It's not good to drick too much water, somehow this stupid thing about drinking 8 glas a day is not real science. We have survived as a race so far by drinking water when we are thirsty. It works like intended

1|0
    0|0
  • Aren’t you suppose to drink half your body weight in fluid oz?

2|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm not. by the way how much water should a men drink?

1|0
    0|0
    • No idea

• That depends on a lot of factors, like how active you are and how hot it is where you live. But everyone should drink around 2-3 liters per day, regardless of gender. More if you're a very active person.

• Ooh! Okay. I'm drinking very less. :(

• Close to it on most days, but not today lol. I generally stick to 2 liters of water. Today was a heavy workout day and I probably should of had more, but I didn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im an alcoholic the only reason i can even get out of bed is that i drink so much water

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink to much water. I got sick a few weeks ago and couldn't drink liquids due to discounfert and I nearly lost 25 pound in just water weight during the duration of the bug!

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I have to constantly remind myself to drink more and more water. I need to increase my daily water intake by almost 3 times as much as it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink about 42 ounces of water a day, but it doesn't include the number of drinks that contain water that I drink each day.

3|0
    0|0
  • I hope so- I drink abut 2 liters on days I don't run amd 4 when I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you should really only drink when you're thirsty, unless you're doing an 8x8 for some reason. But most people are misinformed and over hydrate. Which can be really bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope but I am realizing I need more especially since the weather is getting hot and my mouth is getting dry.

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink when I'm thirsty... and if I'm not ill still drink water just not as much
    I always have water first thing after waking up

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as my pee is not as light and clear, I need to drink more water.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not because I don't like needing to go to the toilet all the time. I know it's bad but I still try to drink a decent quantity

1|0
    0|0
  • I try too. I have a gallon jug I carry around at work or anywhere everyday... Sometimes I get more sometimes I don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink a ton of water, probably more than I should which is not good. I have a water cooler in my bedroom

1|0
    0|0
  • i drink 4-5 litres a day
    just going to drink one glass now

1|0
    0|0
  • I bring a giant water bottle and I sip it throughout the day so I'm pretty good

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah , Everytime. I count the glasses of water I drink daily 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not, but all food has some water molecules in it, or at least tmost foods do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope don't drink anything. If by chance I do, maybe a half bottle of soda

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably. I drink when I'm thirsty, there's not much else to it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink a lot more beer than I should, which is mostly water, so yeah, I drink enough "water" .. xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Well that depends on how much I should be drinking?

1|0
    0|0
    • Assuming your body has acclimated to being under hydrated. 2 liters or less.

• How's 2.5 - 3 liters daily?

• If you're adapted to it, then solid amount. If you don't struggle to go 20 minutes without running to the bathroom, then your body is absorbing it and using it properly

• Sometimes I drink too much water, the tonic variety mixed with gin

1|0
    0|1
  • 9+ cups a day. One of the few things I continue with consistently.

2|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 101

• For the most part, water is all I drink anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I have a cute app called Plant Nanny that reminds me to drink. I'm usually pretty good at drinking enough water since I carry a bottle with me everywhere I go and often have to fill it up several times a day. But some days are so hectic that I just forget. That's when the app comes in handy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Does the app remind people when to breathe too?

• @Mark4N64 no but it does remind people to get their head out of their own ass, I recommend it to you specifically! :- )

• If anything I probably drink too much water. I'm trying to lose weight so I've cut out sodas and most other drinks leaving me with only water. My system is thoroughly flushed.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you take into account that the water in food also counts towards that total, and that new research confirms that you should only hydrate when you feel thirsty, then yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to drink 2 liters every day, but I can often only get down about 1,5 liters. I hate having to pee all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink a lot of water. I'm not sure what the healthy recommended amount is but I probably bypass it on a daily basis lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I try as much as I can. In order to do so I downloaded an app that reminds me to drink. It's not the reminders that keep me drinking, but wanting to reach the day's goal.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t but I’m trying to increase my intake of unflavoured still water (I still prefer a certain brand of sparkling).

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not, but the question is... do you? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what's considered good or decent, but I usually drink water sometimes throughout the week. Most of the time I either drink soda or lemonade.

1|0
    0|0
  • I suck at drinking it. I seem to only get through one bottle of water per day, I'm trying to do better though

1|0
    0|0
  • I've worked may way to drinking about a gallon a day. My veins look awesome, and my skin is hella clear

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink a gallon a day but I try to a for 2 since I work out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it has taken some time and training to get to where I am now. It’s very hard to drink the amount of water we need. Most people are dehydrated.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not enough, I should drink around 8-10 cups and I drink around 6 or 7. Close enough tho

1|0
    0|0
  • I do on hot days and when I'm at work.
    But when it's freezing outside I don't feel like drinking cold water.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I honestly have one glass a day. When I exercise I consume a lot more naturally.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do and i have to go to the bathroom every 30m - 2h xD

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but because of this question im going to go drink some :)

1|0
    0|0
  • If its hot outside yes but there are plenty of days where I just drink 1 liter instead of 1.5

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I drink twice as much as health experts recommend. At least 3-4 liters per day

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. Some days I don't drink water. I'm trying to do be

1|0
    0|0
  • I try but it sucks when you need to pee constantly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I'm in high school and I don't wanna piss every 5-20 minutes so I usually only drink 1-3 bottles a day. During the summer I drink a lot more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I drink what is recommended, but I really only drink water, I don't drink soda

1|0
    0|0
  • ya, i keep a water bottle (ozarka) near me, all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • nope. I try but I forget to drink as much. I drink just when Im thirsty

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly all I ever drink is water and diet dr pepper.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally love water so I reckon I drink as much as I should in a day

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah I don’t like drinking water I should drink more though

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes