Would vegans/vegeterian consider 'clean-meat' ethical?

"Cultured meat, also called clean meat or in vitro meat, is meat grown from in vitro animals cell culture instead of from slaughtered animals."

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts and whether anyone would eat the product. Would vegans/vegeterian consider 'clean-meat' ethical?
  • Would vegans/vegeterian consider 'clean-meat' ethical??Yes!
    Vote A
  • Would vegans/vegeterian consider 'clean-meat' ethical??Nope!
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• as a vegan I personally would not eat it because I feel disgusted by meat

I'm fine with other people eating this meat though and think that it is a good alternative to the water and land wasted by meat production and cuts down on animal cruelty.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That would probably cause a split in the community.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Vegans/vegetarians claim they don’t eat meat because they are against animal abuse. Yet I know they would probably reject this meat too, even though no animals have been harmed making it.

0|0
    0|1
  • Vegetarians might eat it, but vegans probably wouldn't because most of them have extreme views on what is "moral".
    I don't see any problem, cloned meat is ethical.

1|0
    0|1
  • They should, since their first problem is how bad animals are treated, if they're treated good but should have no problem eating it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll definitely eat it. I don't see why not.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Some would. It depends on the reasons why they are vegan/vegetarian. My girlfriend was a vegan and is now vegetarian and she would eat this sort of meat. The reason she doesn't now is because she views the cruelty as immoral

0|1
    0|0
  • I still don't understand the inner mechanisms of what you described.

0|0
    0|1
    • Lab grown meat.

• Show All
    • Yeah, they are just a bunch of liars, shame on them.

• @TatyanaTheEmpress Yep

• I voted yes because the one vegan I know said he considered it vegan though not in his mind as healthy as no animal based protein. But ethically he considered it vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally like organic food, so even though I'm a vegetarian I probably wouldn't eat it. That's compelling, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to avoid laboratory created foodstuffs, the scientists are still undecided about which foods are good or bad for us.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian, but i am because it was out of respect to my uncle who was killed before I was born, he was vegetarian

0|0
    0|1
    • I dont mind this type of meat

• So you avoid certain foods because someone you never met or had any sort of relationship with, who died before you were born, did the same?

• Well, my dad did for his brother, then I was raised as a vegetarian.

• I would think they would find a reason to boycott it like they do everything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it kosher?

0|0
    0|1
  • I doubt you'd be able to please everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably not, they are only vegans so they can lord over the rest of us about how much better they are.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm a vegetarian, and I avoid flesh meat and fish, etc., mostly to be more healthy. "Clean meat" or "cultured meat", would not change that. I wouldn't eat it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Red meat, I can understand.
      But fish? Fish is healthy.

• @name_is_eric : Yes, fish is healthy. Not eating fish, or other flesh food, is even healthier.

Recommended myTakes