What's 1 ethnic cuisine you think is mediocre?

What's 1 ethnic cuisine you feel is mediocre and doesn't really have many (if any) redeeming features/dishes?

please state reason why?

713

Most Helpful Girl

• Dutch
    they eat mostly frozen potatos...
    And Scandinavian in general...
    I know a few relatives and otjer people from there and their veggies and products are so fabric.. Plastic? I don't know how to explain it but the best about Balkan is that at least out food is more natural

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't really put it in such an objective way. I don't think any ethnic cuisine is "mediocre" because that's not a judgment I can or should make.

Instead, I would just say that there are certain cuisines I personally don't like very much. The two major ones I can think of are the Russian/Slavic cuisine and the Thai cuisine.
    In the case of the Russian (and Eastern European) cuisine, I feel like many dishes are very heavy. So, while that can be nice to have on a cold winter day, it's not something I'd want to eat on a regular basis. Besides that, I also don't find the vegetables they use super appealing.

In the case of the Thai cuisine, it's mainly a matter of ingredients. While I don't "hate" those food products, I'm really not a big fan of them. For example tropical fruits (Mango, pineapple etc.) are not my thing. I also don't like the fact that some Thai dishes can be quite sweet because they include fruits.
    However, there's also a societal reason why I'm not so much into Thai food. Here in Switzerland, Thailand is considered the "paradise on earth" among all the baby boomers (people aged 50-70). They are completely obsessed with Thailand and its culture/food. I know it's a little unfair to say this but this circumstance has made Thailand a little unappealing to me as a young person. I'm sure I would love it if I went there but here in Switzerland, it has the aura of an "old people thing".

But again, I'm not saying Russian or Thai food is mediocre or even bad. I'm just saying that I'm personally not so much into it.