Do you think its true that Coke recipe contains drugs?

Updates:
My question - taken for some as ignorant - is just ti know your opinion about a myth that there's anphetamin mixed in the beverage.
I believe its a reasonable thing to post so please, respect peoples posts.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The original coca-cola had small doses of cocaine in it. That's where the name comes from. At the time it was legal. Cocaine was originally an oral antiseptic and pain killer, used by dentists and also provided a 'little lift".

0|1
    0|0
    • Best answer here.

• Show All
    • Water from water melon, or water from a source is still water. So you can just say the answer is imprecise but not wrong. Coca leaves were used. So there was cocain inside. Point. A glass of original coca cola contained 9mg of cocaine per "glass of coca cola". They replaced for the periode "illegaly" the cocaine/coca leaves by cafein but the quantity was also illegal and they reduced the cafein concentration. Initial concentration of cafein before the cocaine change was come from Kola. They also change the source of cafein but it was still cafein. They still use coca leaves but they do a process to remove cocaine.

• Hey, Doc. How does it feel to be the smartest man alive in regards to coca-cola?

• That was done many many years ago. It used to contain cocaine. That hasn't been done since about 80 years ago. At leaste here in the US

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Coca Cola's original recipe included coca leaves (that are also the source for cocaine), but they soon removed that from the ingredients. It never contained amphetamine though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... a little bit of it. My friend owns part of the company. Cheers. Great question. 😊

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Caffeine is a drug, isn't it? As F1shaun90 pointed out, Coke was originally made with coca leaves. It actually started out as a patent medicine that was a remedy for fatigue. Pepsi never had coca leaves and started out as a digestive aid. Both of these were turned into sodas in the late 1800's and the rest is history

0|0
    0|0
  • err yes?
    Unless you're getting crap from your dealer,
    I'd hit up a new guy, he's cutting your shit
    Probably cut it with baking powder and shit. Damn thugs
    Go pure, I'd pay more assholes.

0|0
    0|0
  • The original recipe used coca leaves which is a source of cocaine in late 1880s but in 1900s America prohibited cocaine so they now chemically make coca leaves cocaine free

1|0
    0|0
  • i mean, you could argue that caffeine is a drug, so yes

1|0
    0|0
  • It is a fact that the original recipe for coke was made with coca leaves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! No wonder i can't stop drinking it. The harder i try, more addicted i get 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • I dnt think so.. Coke is bad but it doesn't contain that i think

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes in former times there were drugs in it but not today

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you seriously asking a question this ignorant?

2|0
    0|1
    • Yes I am. And you really r still thinking you aren't being a disrespectful ass about my right to ask a question on a question site?

• Show All
    • And Wikipedia apparently.

• Nah that's all my knowledge, off the cranium ya little brainstem

• There's this thing called Google.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• No, but it did when it was first introduced (ence the name "coca"-cola) and in varying amounts from 1886 to 1929. At the time, cocaine was legal and treated as a medicine. However, Coca-Cola didn’t invent using the coca plant in drinkable products, as coca wine was also popular.

0|1
    0|0
  • It used to, not anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • cocaine in coke

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody wanna confess that it is a possibility. The recipe is behind closed doors and people tend to addict to it fast for its effects similar of speed.
    Oh caffeine is there alright. But I drink a lot if coffee and its no comparison to thr energy Coke makes us feel. Students even drink it mixed with coffee and Adderal to study all night

Theory of conspiracy or not... I dont drink this crap.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes