Do you think its true that Coke recipe contains drugs?

My question - taken for some as ignorant - is just ti know your opinion about a myth that there's anphetamin mixed in the beverage.
I believe its a reasonable thing to post so please, respect peoples posts.

613

Most Helpful Guys

• The original coca-cola had small doses of cocaine in it. That's where the name comes from. At the time it was legal. Cocaine was originally an oral antiseptic and pain killer, used by dentists and also provided a 'little lift".

• Best answer here.

• Water from water melon, or water from a source is still water. So you can just say the answer is imprecise but not wrong. Coca leaves were used. So there was cocain inside. Point. A glass of original coca cola contained 9mg of cocaine per "glass of coca cola". They replaced for the periode "illegaly" the cocaine/coca leaves by cafein but the quantity was also illegal and they reduced the cafein concentration. Initial concentration of cafein before the cocaine change was come from Kola. They also change the source of cafein but it was still cafein. They still use coca leaves but they do a process to remove cocaine.

• Hey, Doc. How does it feel to be the smartest man alive in regards to coca-cola?

• That was done many many years ago. It used to contain cocaine. That hasn't been done since about 80 years ago. At leaste here in the US

Most Helpful Girls

• Coca Cola's original recipe included coca leaves (that are also the source for cocaine), but they soon removed that from the ingredients. It never contained amphetamine though.

• Yes... a little bit of it. My friend owns part of the company. Cheers. Great question. 😊